Bending the rules to accomodate

AlphaTroll said:
I think you're making too much of it. She didn't say she was going to sue them or anything. Just that the department should have more consideration for those with legitimate medical reasons. She didn't ask for special treatment just for herself, but really a change in the way the whole system works in future so that anyone (male or female) with a valid reason could benefit. And she gave a few viable options, like having the test done seperately, with an invigilator - don't see the problem in that.

Why should special consideration be given to someone doing active military duty, but not to someone with a legitimate medical reason? Sounds rather stupid. And saying that the tests are difficult to put together because he entire management needs to be part of it....what the heck for?

IMO she deserves that promotion if only for scoring so highly under such circumstances.
The wartime issue is an old federal madate. All jobs are legally required to rehire/hold positions for soldiers called to war.

Some would argue that it's archaic, seeing as in those days it was men going to war. So special consideration would have been given to a man, but not to a woman in this lady's situation?

AlphaTroll said:
Some would argue that it's archaic, seeing as in those days it was men going to war. So special consideration would have been given to a man, but not to a woman in this lady's situation?

Unless she was raped, her position was voluntary. Reservists and National Guard call-up is mandatory. You don't go, you'll lose more than your job...

Also...women in the armed forces are covered under the same 'archaic' rule...

heh heh heh just another example of gurls
wanting to play in the Boys playground
and wanting the rulz changed to suit them.

Actually I say she took it like a Man!

Way to go!

Drop that Kid and do yer duty like a MAN!!!

Then Whine that the rulz are unfair like a gurl?

Oh Well

If you can't run with the Big Dogz

stay on the porch with the Wimens'

so Grotto guys don’t get to walk out on the War
when their Wives pop out Babee’s but the wimen’s
that get knocked up in theater do get to go home don’t they? heh heh heh

As inflammatory as that seems, Winky is essentially correct. If a woman becomes pregnant in theater, she is shipped back home ASAP. There are accounts of women having unprotected sex as often as possible in order to get out of a deployment where they could lose their lives. Not many, but they're out there. Ask tonksy about the 'Love Boat' during the first Gulf War...

Gato Solo said:
Ask tonksy about the 'Love Boat' during the first Gulf War...

When I was in the Navy I knew of a few cases were the woman would have sex to avoid over sea deployment or have an early discharge, at the time the woman had the option of an early release in the case of being pregnant...

We knew a woman just a few years ago that followed that set patern. She stated clearly that "in case of war, my husband would knock me up." My wife hasn't spoken to her since.

Back