Best albums of 2005

Sigur Rós are great.. why the heck don't I own anything by them? *puts on "to buy"-list* Takk means Thank you, by the way.

I don't buy all that many CD's a year, and when I buy, I buy older stuff that I have just heard of. But let's see *twists brain*

Kaizers Orchestra - Maestro was a good buy. Noisy music, in a good way. Their trademark used to be oildrums, gasmasks and pipeorgans.. Well, it still is, I guess. And for some reason I always miss them when they are playing in town. :(
(You can see the title track of Maestro here, just pick and choose from the links down on the page)

Depeche Mode - Playing the Angel
Well, what's there to say.. I love it.

Umm, that was it actually. And then there are the ones I've been planning to buy, such as Die Warzau - Convenience, KMFDM - Hau ruck, and a couple more I can't remember here and now. :shrug:

Like I said in that first post, I had tickets to see Sigur Ros tonight in Dublin but couldn't make it down. I passed them onto a couple of friends who haven't heard them before and now they're texting me about how amazing the gig was.

I gave them the tickets for free but they're offering to pay me €70 for them (about triple the face value), it was so good.

I think the only good album released this year is Rosenrot by Rammstein.

I haven't even listened to it but I trust the band ;)

As for the rest of the albums, I won't bother with any current over compressed and over clipped recordings.

most of the CD's i bought this year were from bands i had bought in the past. didnt get too many first time CD's. tired of sifting through the detrius. think i'll just stick with the "classic rock" channels for now.

i don't think `05 has been a terribly memorable year for music, the only exception i can think of is 30 seconds to mars - a terrible lie. the new nine inch nails wasn't too bad either. i'd hoped for something from DMB and coldplay that wasn't painful to listen to, and i'm still waiting for a new studio album from tool, but a quick look at their website doesn't get my hopes up.

Ooh yeah, forgot all about NIN. I liked that one.

And Tool.. Well, I ain't holding my breath for that one, I cherish life too much.. :p Last I "heard" of it was the pics Adam Jones posted in his myspace-blog back in August.

Incubus - A crow left of the murder

amazing album....not as good as Morning View but brilliant songwriting and sweet guitar work.

Audioslave - Out of exile

(read above)

Download "doesn't remind me"....you'll see what I mean.

I saw Audioslave during the summer. Good stuff. They played some Rage and Soundgarden tunes.

Didn't invest in the album, though.

Whoa, won't you walk this way but I see a red alert
Oh, my senses say keep away
So don't shoot!
Don't shoot shotgun
Dream on nightmare
Touch 'n' go
Dove turned destroyer, she cut you up, she's a slave of love
Run for cover, she's so dangerous
Undercover, she's so shameless
Don't shoot shotgun
You got me bitin' my lip
Don't shoot shotgun!
Ya shootin' straight from the hip
So don't shoot shotgun
Shoot me, baby!
Ow!

Inkara1 said:
Got it on vinyl. That required ordering it online and lots of waiting, but the sweet nectar of NIN on vinyl is mine. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
good idea, that way once it gets all scratched up, it's NIN so you won't know the difference.

*peepwall*

/me will remind the jury that he is a NIN fan.

Don't scratch it up and it won't be a problem. After hearing The Downward Spiral on both CD and vinyl, I've been convinced that NIN belongs on vinyl ever since. So now I've got that, Pretty Hate Machine, The Fragile and With Teeth on vinyl.

Inkara1 said:
Got it on vinyl. That required ordering it online and lots of waiting, but the sweet nectar of NIN on vinyl is mine. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

you do realise i must now destroy you, yes??

.... where'd you order it from? and the others?

Back