Biden bristles at tough questions. All interviews cancelled at Orlando station.

jimpeel

The Obama campaign turns tail and runs after interviewer asks tough questions on Obama's Marxist ideology. WFTV is now WTF-TV in the Obama camp. Should be interesting to hear what talk radio will say about this on Monday.

I like this interviewer. I'm tired of the press lobbing softballs at these guys but they refuse to play hardball and run away sniveling if anyone tries.

Watch the interview HERE

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/10/obama-campaign.html

Obama campaign cuts off WFTV after interview with Joe Biden
posted by halboedeker on Oct 24, 2008 11:12:15 AM

WFTV-Channel 9's Barbara West conducted a satellite interview with Sen. Joe Biden on Thursday. A friend says it's some of the best entertainment he's seen recently. What do you think?

West wondered about Sen. Barack Obama's comment, to Joe the Plumber, about spreading the wealth. She quoted Karl Marx and asked how Obama isn't being a Marxist with the "spreading the wealth" comment.

"Are you joking?" said Biden, who is Obama's running mate. "No," West said.

West later asked Biden about his comments that Obama could be tested early on as president. She wondered if the Delaware senator was saying America's days as the world's leading power were over.

"I don't know who's writing your questions," Biden shot back.

Biden so disliked West's line of questioning that the Obama campaign canceled a WFTV interview with Jill Biden, the candidate's wife.

"This cancellation is non-negotiable, and further opportunities for your station to interview with this campaign are unlikely, at best for the duration of the remaining days until the election," wrote Laura K. McGinnis, Central Florida communications director for the Obama campaign.

McGinnis said the Biden cancellation was "a result of her husband's experience yesterday during the satellite interview with Barbara West."

Here's a link to the interview: http://www.wftv.com/video/17790025/index.html.

WFTV news director Bob Jordan said, "When you get a shot to ask these candidates, you want to make the most of it. They usually give you five minutes."

Jordan said political campaigns in general pick and choose the stations they like. And stations often pose softball questions during the satellite interviews.

"Mr. Biden didn't like the questions," Jordan said. "We choose not to ask softball questions."

Jordan added, "I'm crying foul on this one."

asking about obama as a "marxist" is a waste of time.

anybody who asks such a question has little to no understanding of marx, and it's just an attempt at inflammatory horseshit.

biden's response was the right one.

Horseshit.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his need
Obama has a history of befriending people who espouse the marxist ideology. His own history, and words, show a predisposition to Marxist ideals.

I'm curious, why do you defend Marx so much?

Obama has a history of befriending people who espouse the marxist ideology. His own history, and words, show a predisposition to Marxist ideals.

That's untrue and downright silly.

About that reporter though........

Well it turns out that her husband, Wade West, is a political and media consultant for Republican politicians. The GOP talking points Barbara West used in her interview may have come directly from the McCain Palin communications team via her husband Wade.

http://www.bluetidalwave.com/2008/10/conflict-of-interest-orlando-journalist.html

:laugh:

Horseshit.

I'm curious, why do you defend Marx so much?

funny but i don't really think i'm defending marx.

it's this simple: if you call obama a marxist you either don't know shit about marx, are spouting ideological horseshit, or both.

i suppose we should compare mccain to franco since he's a little right of center, huh?

No there's plenty of stuff on Barr if you care to look. He's just not getting much of the scrutiny right now.

funny but i don't really think i'm defending marx.
You've gotten testy several times when he's brought up. Defensive.

it's this simple: if you call obama a marxist you either don't know shit about marx, are spouting ideological horseshit, or both.

i suppose we should compare mccain to franco since he's a little right of center, huh?

I have read the Communist Manifesto. It appears you have too. We seem to find different meaning in it. I find it espousing ideology that is better suited for bee's or ant's.

I fMcCain starts spouting Franco's ideologies, maybe. As long as Obama wants to share the wealth, he's a marxist.

I have read the Communist Manifesto. It appears you have too. We seem to find different meaning in it. I find it espousing ideology that is better suited for bee's or ant's.

Oddly enough, bees and ants use the monarchist platform, which I've always espoused as the best.

No there's plenty of stuff on Barr if you care to look. He's just not getting much of the scrutiny right now.

oh, I know.

He's not much more than the lesser of the 3 bads.....

We wouldn't have to worry as much about who's controlling the senate and house as much though.

At worst he'd be a kinda lame duck, and that doesn't even sound too bad atm.

You've gotten testy several times when he's brought up. Defensive.

I fMcCain starts spouting Franco's ideologies, maybe. As long as Obama wants to share the wealth, he's a marxist.

the only reason i've gotten testy is because people like you continually throw his name around as an accusation against others without much knowing what you's talking about.

it's great that you read the commie manifesto. yes, i have too. as well as virtually everything else marx has ever written formally. having done so, i can tell you that the manifesto is a very puny slice of marx. but that's not the point.

where is it that obama is advocating that proles take up a bloody revolution? golly, gonz, get your tire chains a swingin'!

in israel, there's government ownership of a lot of stuff. are they marxists?

adam smith is a marxist by your definition.

yep. any advocate of a progressive tax is some kinda wacky marxist.

A tax percentage that goes up as the amount being taxed increases...as opposed to a flat-tax.

Sounds like a solid way to punish hard work and reward lazyness. Establish a baseline for survival, and make it as hard as possible to get past it. Brilliant

Sounds like a solid way to punish hard work and reward lazyness. Establish a baseline for survival, and make it as hard as possible to get past it. Brilliant

i'd prefer a flat tax myself, but gee, wally, an additional 3-5% tax on income over $250k (or whatever the scheme is, exactly) in not going to discourage anyone that is a serious mofo... but it may serve less motivated individuals in rationalizing their lack of performance.

when your household income reaches $250k/year, you let me know. then you can complain. :dizzy:

Back