Blizzard

The National Weather Service said 26.9 inches of snow had fallen in Central Park, the most since record-keeping started in 1869. The old record was 26.4 inches in December 1947.

Yes Greenie, it would be great if all the snostorms were like this & the remaining2.75 months of winter were sunny & cool, not frigid. If yer gonna have snow, might as well have a bunch.

we got close to 2 feet here. tough to tell with all the drifts. the dog was jumping in the snow. too deep for him to walk.

did manage to meet one of the neighbors. he has a front end loader and was out clearing the other neighbor's driveways. came over and dug mine out too. i wasnt even half done after an hour of shoveling. (we can fit 6 or 7 cars in the driveway, if they are tight together)

Neighbors were on vacation in florida. We liberated the snowblower. This time we had the housekey, so we didn't have to lift it over the fence.

Boy howdy, today sure was a nice day over here. Didn't even need a jacket. Perfect weather for getting the back brake drums turned and replacing the shoes.

Gonz said:
Here we go again :D

I completely dramatized it to make my 13-year old self look 'cool' on the boards, but it backfired totally.

Neighbors are in their 70s, but they have a pretty new and powerful snowblower (and a penchant for going to florida on vacation every time it snows). Our street is a mix of people in their 40s with kids and people in their 70s. When it snows, my dad borrows the snowblower from the neighbors and him and the other mid-40s guys snowblow everyone's driveways. A problem arises when the snowblower is locked. We have house keys, but 3 years ago, it was in the shed, which was unlocked. The fence gates, however, were not locked, and we didn't want to track snow through their house, so over the fence went the snowblower. This year, it was in the garage, so we just unlocked the door, walked in, and got it.

Wow, we got over two feet of snow?! I had no idea it was that much. Meh. :alienhuh:

I managed to drag my tired butt in to work regardless of the snow. Hardly anyone is here. My boss lives in Poughkeepsie and our company is known for having a lot of "virtual" employees, so if the weather is even slightly bad, he works from home. That's both good and bad. It's good because I can slack off, but bad because hardly anyone's here to sign my timesheet. Being a contractor sucks.

Pussy. I want feet of snow, already. We've got about 6 inches of ice left on the ground. Can't x-country ski worth shit. I wanted to get in some biathalon training this year.

Professur said:
Pussy. I want feet of snow, already. We've got about 6 inches of ice left on the ground. Can't x-country ski worth shit. I wanted to get in some biathalon training this year.

Then I guess you're where you need to be and I'm where I need to be, dickhead. :winkkiss:

Talk all you want. Gimme your ass up here for a week in winter, and I'll convert you to a snow bunny.

Back