Blonde, James Blonde

BB

A briton could be either a Scot, Englishman, Welshman, or from N. Ireland. Of the four "main" Bonds, Moore is the only Englishman. Odd, doncha think?

Fleming originally wanted the bloke from the Avengers - Patrick Mc (Gee?) i think, he also was very keen on Richard Burton ...

Course, he also wanted Hitchcock to direct too....

... he instead went off elswehere and did some obscure film called 'Pyscho' ...

... Loser!

:D :D :D

Might go and see it - my brother said he enjoyed it.

chcr

Too cute for words
Fleming originally wanted the bloke from the Avengers - Patrick Mc (Gee?) i think, he also was very keen on Richard Burton ...

Course, he also wanted Hitchcock to direct too....

... he instead went off elswehere and did some obscure film called 'Pyscho' ...

... Loser!

:D :D :D

Might go and see it - my brother said he enjoyed it.

Patrick Macnee.

But Diana Rigg in a black leather catsuit was the main (if not only) reason to watch that show. :faptard:

BeardofPants

I dug it up for anyone interested:

wikipedia.com said:
James Bond's parents are Andrew Bond, a Scotsman and Monique Delacroix, from Canton de Vaud, Switzerland. Their nationalities were established in On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Fleming emphasised Bond's Scottish heritage in admiration of Sean Connery's cinematic portrayal, whereas Bond's mother is named after a Swiss fiancée of Fleming's; a planned, but unwritten, novel would have portrayed Bond's mother as a Scot.

BB

so .... in OTC terms that would make our very own the Proffesor, OTC's Bond 007!

(which, when you consider he is also Moriarty, it is an unholy mixture! :eek5: :D )

But Diana Rigg in a black leather catsuit was the main (if not only) reason to watch that show.

Bloody good reason!

Mind, i always went for the succulently young Joanna Lumley in the New Avengers on that score! :bgpimp: :kiss: :bgpimp:

spike

I always liked Roger Moore as Bond....sue me. I think it's because the movies were just newer, better, more advanced, whatever. Connery was cool but the movies were a bit more silly.

Really no interest in Bond Since Roger Moore and that's regretable. However, this new movie has got such tremendous reviews that I've been trying to get out to see it and I will see it one way or another.

AlladinSane

Connery was the only one I ever believed as the Bond the books describe.

I never read the novels, but a lot of people on IMDB forums that did swear by Timothy Dalton. :shrug:
Personally I like all of them in a certain way except Lazenby. He couldn't even walk properly and the fight scenes were assembled from various short takes. If On Her Majesty's... was made by Connery it would probably the best Bond movie ever.

BB

Bodie and Doyle?

You betcha.

What i really loved as a kid, though, was The Sweeney - you ever watch that Prof?

Me dad used to watch it, and he'd let me older brother stay up and watch it, he'd tell me about it - and then, being the man he was, me dad let me stay up well after me bedtime and watch it too - one night a week, despite me Mum's and elder Sister's blarney -

anyhow- you didn't gainsay me dad.

( not that we didn't keep him on his mettle, like ... ;) )

Professur

The name rings a bell, but doesn't flash to mind.

Dad was the big influence in us getting to watch The Professionals. I suspect that he was fighting for us, jsut so he could watch it himself, y'know?

POStech

Well, i turned out it was not that bad as I thought it would. In fact the movie is great, but is so "un-Bond". It just lacks so much things that set out as pretty standard to the series. It's supposed to be closest to the original novels.
As I said before it's impossible not to like the movie. It was very well made. Craig is not bad either, he lack some skill, but you feel he made exactly what was expected of him.

It still had the Bond feel to it.

1.beginning is Bond finishing his mission.
2.starts on his new mission.
3.Fucks a hot bitch
4.gets captured
5.gets away
6.kills the bad guy