Boy, 9, stabs 2-year-old girl

Should the little snot face charges?

• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

highwayman

Shit, this aint right. If the snot had been 16 he would be charged as an adult in a lot of states...

http://today.reuters.com/news/artic..._0_US-TEXAS-MURDER-TODDLER.xml&src=rss&rpc=22
HOUSTON (Reuters) - No charges will be filed in the case of a 9-year-old boy who fatally stabbed a 2-year-old girl in a Texas home where a teen-ager was babysitting 12 children, Dallas police said on Tuesday after an investigation.

The stabbing occurred on December 22 in a home in southeast Dallas where a 15-year-old was left to supervise at least 10 siblings and 2 other children, including the victim.

The toddler, Damya Jefferson, was stabbed twice in the chest by a 9-year-old boy who lived at the house, according to published reports.

No charges will be filed against the boy due to his age, said Dallas Police Sgt. Gil Cerda. "You have to be 10 years old to be charged in Texas," Cerda said.

The little snot is nine. That barely qualifies for housebroken,

There are far too many unknowns in this story.

i kind of took the "nine is almost ten" stance.
a nine year old should know that knives and other implements hurt people.

i think i'd really blame the parents for A- bad parenting, and B- getting only one baby sitter to sit 12 fucking kids. are they nuts? that is nowhere near enough supervision.

He should have known it would hurt or worse and should know not the fuck with sharp objects. so yes. The parents too for not teaching the kids well enough not to do shit like that

The boy needs a psychological evaluation.

I think there is some law that states there must be a certain number of adults to watch a certain number of children. I know there is for day cares.

The parents needs to be charged.

I think there is some law that states there must be a certain number of adults to watch a certain number of children. I know there is for day cares.

I believe there are such laws in most of the states that give at least a ratio of adults to children in licenced day care. In this case it is safe to say it was NOT a day care center...

BTW it's the parents that need the psych eval and the nine year old needs to understand the results of his actions...

I believe there are such laws in most of the states that give at least a ratio of adults to children in licenced day care. In this case it is safe to say it was NOT a day care center...

I'm almost positive there is a some kind of law that is similar to the day care one - or something along the lines that a place must be a licensed day care in order for someone to watch that many kids.

BTW it's the parents that need the psych eval and the nine year old needs to understand the results of his actions...

Yeah, the parents too. But it wouldn't hurt to check out the kid. There must be something off kilter with him.

Gotholic said:
Yeah, the parents too. But it wouldn't hurt to check out the kid. There must be something off kilter with him.

No question about it, but the seed had to have been planted along with being encouraged to grow...

From what I read, the mother of these 12 (who was originally asked to watch Damya and the younger sibling) was under investigation by child protective services, and that now ten of the kids were in temporary foster care.

Of course, that may all have been in the link posted... *forgot to read that one*

Edit: Yup, t'was there.

Charge who ever it was that left a teenager to watch/care for that many kids.

The 9 year old should be evaluated soon, and again in about two to three years, by a competent child psychiatrist if and when one is ever located.

The fifteen year old should be questioned as well, and if cleared, give her/him a college scholarship for putting up with idiots like a set of parents who squeeze out double digit numbers of kids and then leave them in the care of a 15 year old.

A 9 year old may know what he did is wrong but kids have no impulse control at that age....perhaps a psych eval into what drives him to have such a voilent impulse towards a young helpless toddler is what is needed here....and of course to burn the parents at the stake.

The 9 year old should be evaluated soon, and again in about two to three years, by a competent child psychiatrist if and when one is ever located.
Agreed, but I'm thinking all the kids might need an evaluation. Maybe they're all equally messed up, and the 9-year-old is the only one who has done something to demonstrate it. So far. :hmm:

The fifteen year old should be questioned as well, and if cleared, give her/him a college scholarship for putting up with idiots like a set of parents who squeeze out double digit numbers of kids and then leave them in the care of a 15 year old.

Used to happen all the time tho' Big families and the older siblings taking care of the kids....that was then and this is now.

A psych eval. will happen with Child services if it's anything like it is up here. The parents may end up losing all their kids to child services, which'd be a shame for the kids. The odds of them ending up in the same foster families are slim to none.

MrBishop said:
Used to happen all the time tho' Big families and the older siblings taking care of the kids....that was then and this is now.

Another diference between then and now is when any of the kiddies were out of hand the razor strap would be used as necassary and today it would be considered abuse...

Yup. Good thing there wasn't a gun in the house, eh?

Back