Boycott IKEA (Swedish for heartless)

CydCharisse said:
IKEA has some cool ass furniture. Last time I checked IKEA wasn't a flower nursery.....did I miss something?
OK...a while back..some people went to war. Some of them died, some of them got injured and some came back OK.

The poppie...a flower with red petals, is mentioned in a poem (below) which talks about the rows upon rows of graves from those who died in Germany during WWII. The poppy, and the wearing of the poppy before rememberance day, is a way for people to state that their veterans are remembered and that the liberty and freedoms that we enjoy today means that they did not die in vain.

In Flanders Fields
Copy of original hand written poem
In Flanders Fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row
That mark our place; and in the sky The larks,
still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead.
Short days ago We lived,
felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders Fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders Fields.
John McCrae, 1915.

It should not be overlooked that the poppy is also the source for the medical miracle of the 20th century: Morphine. And poppy seed bagles.

Squiggy said:
Gonz...You may also want to look into the actions of your beloved W....He has been hacking away at veterans benefits and rights while at the same time asking us to stand behind our troops...He is making sure that he is not deluged with "Gulf War Syndrome" when our troops get back...Problem is, hes doing it by making it illegal for them to be sick.

Guess you got a lot of boycotting to do if you're really that sincere. :D

Once again, W had nothing to do with this until you reached as far as you could to grab this and put it in.

In any case, there's no IKEA anywhere near me to boycott. But if I hop on Highway 99 and head 2 1/2 hours south to where it meets I-5, a little bit south of that is an IKEA warehouse. :devious:

Back