Brown's Will

highwayman

Have wondered when I see something like this, who was trying to fuck who in the deal....

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/nat-gen/2007/jan/16/011600011.html
AUGUSTA, Ga. (AP) - James Brown's will, which was read last week and excludes his partner, Tomi Rae Hynie, and their 5-year-old son, was drawn up 10 months before the child's birth and more than a year before their marriage, a newspaper reported Tuesday.

The will was signed Aug. 1, 2000, Strom Thurmond Jr., Brown's probate attorney in Aiken, S.C., told The Augusta Chronicle.

Professur

People don't want to die, and frequently neglect their wills. I know I got shafted out of a house I was buying a couple of years back because the deceased owner had printed his name instead of signing it on his updated will. The previous will had a different executor, who saw dollar signs instead of the dead owner's wishes.

highwayman

Thought you brought that up some time ago, the house was yanked out from under you just before closing, wasn't it?

Professur

Highway, Yup. That's the one.

Les, that the south for you. Trying to emulate the Irish wake, but without the class.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Things may have changed but there was a news report the other day that he had been eulogized & sermomized & wept over & bid farewell but these piece of shit family members still hadn't let the man rest in peace. He hadn't been buried yet. :rolleyes:

chcr

Too cute for words
Highway, Yup. That's the one.

Les, that the south for you. Trying to emulate the Irish wake, but without the class.

I've been to a fair few Irish wakes. Class has never been the first word that leapt to mind. ;)

Besides, it was a fairly typical southern, black funeral (been to a couple of those as well) and why shouldn't they sing "Get on Up."

highwayman

Have been to a few funerals my self including a few Catholic. I have nothing against Catholics but I would rather have gone to an Irish wake instead....

To me it is better to remember the person for what they were instead of what it ended up to be...

chcr

Too cute for words
Have been to a few funerals my self including a few Catholic. I have nothing against Catholics but I would rather have gone to an Irish wake instead....

To me it is better to remember the person for what they were instead of what it ended up to be...

Umm... most Irish are catholics. The wake and the funeral are separate events. If you can manage it, go to the wake and skip the funeral.

highwayman

I have seen Lary King's interview with Tomi Rae Hynie. She comes off as a bit odd...

No question about that seeing she married Brown before she divorced her last husband and when she did they never went through it again to make it "official"...

highwayman

From what I have seen her marriage to brown is not recognised because she was still considered married to her last husband when she married Brown...

I doupt the true story will come out but if she does not recieve anything there might be something to it...