budweiser

SouthernN'Proud said:
What crawled up your ass and died (today)?

I am not a beer conni...coniss...snob. In fact, I'm only a snob about one thing. And seeing as your ilk as a whole do not appreciate it anyway, I'll spare you.

When I want a cold beer, that's what I want. When I want a room temperature glass of foul smelling foamy swill, I'm dead. At which point you may then fill me to overflowing with your version of barley, malt, yeast, hops and water.

I still want footage of your next excursion into rural Texas. We have TV shows that pay money for stuff like that.

And in closing...

:swing:

You're actually the third person today to tell me that beer has to be served so cold it's tasteless. May as well be drinking gin at that point. Or vodka.

Professur said:
So that you can taste them. British beer has about as much taste as one of your Ice Beers (none) when it's too cold. And for the record, we don't drink warm beer. Just warm by your standards. Most pubs' beer shelves have refrigeration coils under them. You just can't see them. Get's the beer down to about cold water tap cold.

I knew that actually. I've been to England. For some reason most Americans equate "warm" with warm like tea. It's really not that bad, but I still prefer it at around 34F (Don't know about British beers, I've never drunk one that cold). Must be my heathen upbringing. ;) OTOH, I have, in my life, owned an Austin-Healey Bugeye Sprite, an MGB, a Triumph TR-6, a Triumph 500 Tiger, a BSA 441 Victor and a 650 Lightning. I never pass up a chance to make fun of the real "Prince of Darkness."

Looking at the list I see that I don't learn very quickly, do I?

Professur said:
You're actually the third person today to tell me that beer has to be served so cold it's tasteless. May as well be drinking gin at that point. Or vodka.

Prof, Prof, Prof...I'll clue you in before you really get yourself in too deep. Beer serving temperature corresponds directly to it's brewing temperature. Go here for a nice explanation.

That being said, I'll refer you to the difference between 'top-fermented' and 'bottom-fermented'.

The ideal drinking temperature for a beer is directly related to its temperature of fermentation, thus a "bottom-fermented" beer such as a lager should be chilled, while a "top-fermented" beer like bitter should not (though it should never be warm; just a good cellar temperature - and a warm cellar is not a good cellar).

This tasty beverage is the Budweiser of where I live. Meaing you see it everywhere, every bar has it on tap, and any store that sells beer has it.

Sierra_Nevada_Beer1.jpg

Back