budweiser

if i'm the one buying cheap domestic, it's either the rock or mich golden (also anheuser-busch). how budweiser can supposedly be so popular is beyond me, i can't think of a single person i know who would order a bud when given other choices.

http://www.anheuser-busch.com/overview/abi.html said:
Budweiser - Brewed and sold since 1876, Budweiser leads the U.S. premium beer category, outselling all other domestic premium beers combined. In fact, one in almost every five beers sold in the United States today is a Budweiser.

woodman19_99 said:
My cheap beer of choice is Busch, which I guess says something about my taste...

Ah, the Budweiser that spilled on the floor & got mopped back up ;)

When I drank Iliked Bud. I also liked Lowenbrau, back before Miller bought it & destroyed it. The Americanized Mexican brands are okay too.

Bud was OK for me,... after killing the first one really fast.
After the 12th on it goes down like water if you got it on ice.
Of coarse I'm a recovering alky. After 12 I could drink just about any beer.
Shits Malt Liquor, Colt45, ....

BeardofPants said:
Good to know. I HAD heard that bud was crap, but I honestly didn't think it was gonna taste crappier than our NZ crap beers (which taste like rusty nails, but at least they taste of something). I LOVE the claim that the bud beers make on the lable... something about being the most expensive beer to produce? :tardbang:

Tat's because it must cost them a helluva big barrel of dough to import 500 camels, feed them and fit them all into one room, just so they can piss in a can for your drinking (dis)pleasure :rolleyes:

(BTW - beer is shite no matter how you look at it...only thing it's good for is baking bread)

AlphaTroll said:
(BTW - beer is shite no matter how you look at it...only thing it's good for is baking bread)

Heresy! Blasphemer! Scoundrel!

Budweiser is actually good for one thing though. When I do the (at least) annual fish fry, I make beer batter for the fish. Canned Budweiser cooks up better than any other brand I know of. I do use it for any recipe that calls for beer.

Otherwise, it's swill.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Heresy! Blasphemer! Scoundrel!

Budweiser is actually good for one thing though. When I do the (at least) annual fish fry, I make beer batter for the fish. Canned Budweiser cooks up better than any other brand I know of. I do use it for any recipe that calls for beer.

I'll agree with that. Does a better job with beer can chicken than anything else I've tried, too.

I used duvel for beer battered fish - it's got a really strong flavour, so it comes through really well. BF makes the *bestest* beer battered fish. *drool*

HomeLAN said:
I'll agree with that. Does a better job with beer can chicken than anything else I've tried, too.

Must be the high water content, because I was thinking of that myself...

SouthernN'Proud said:
I also like me some Foster's on occasion, Corona with lime, even an Amstel or St. Pauli Girl.

Most microbrews just don't get it for me. Lone Star is not bad.

I always assumed a Sam Adams would be like drinking bread...too yeasty.

And if all else fails, I will drink me some Coors/Coors Light.

*Points and laughs* I've had Lone Star. After one taste, I poured the rest into a plant. It died. I've had Sam too. Now quite as exciting as some beers I've had, but by far the best common American beer (to date). But then, I actually like to taste beer. Most americans keep their beer too cold to allow the flavour out. As a rule, if there's ice forming it's too cold.

Professur said:
*Points and laughs* I've had Lone Star. After one taste, I poured the rest into a plant. It died.

Musta been a yankee plant...the weaker varieties...

Dare you to walk into any rural bar in Texas and say that without already having an orthodontist appointment. Have video camera available too please. :D

Professur said:
As a rule, if there's ice forming it's too cold.

I feel the same about my trees.

I'll bring a six pack of real beer to show them the difference. Fucking donkey piss. That a bunch of hyper agressive texans think it's good really doesn't impress me.

It don't have to impress. It should, however, intimidate.

Only Leaf beers I've tried and liked were Moosehead and Molson. The rest smelled like a skunk had been nearby recently. Granted, I ain't exactly made it a point to try all that many either.

And don't gimme that shit about it should be served at suchansuch a temperature either. It's beer...stick it in ice, get it cold, and drink it. If it's too warm, whoever is facing me will be wearing it.

SouthernN'Proud said:

Only Leaf beers I've tried and liked were Moosehead and Molson. The rest smelled like a skunk had been nearby recently. Granted, I ain't exactly made it a point to try all that many either.

And don't gimme that shit about it should be served at suchansuch a temperature either. It's beer...stick it in ice, get it cold, and drink it. If it's too warm, whoever is facing me will be wearing it.
:grinyes:

I used to like Molson Golden in the olden days when it really came from Canada. Labbatt's Blue is another favorite Canuckian brew. I like lagers, not too big on ales although I've had a few that were quite good. There's Bud Light in my fridge right now and you know what? I don't care what anyone thinks about that. :p

Almost forgot, do you know why the British drink warm beer? All the refrigerators are made by Lucas.

SouthernN'Proud said:

Why? They're only americans.

Moosehead Ale isn't bad. The Lager (green bottle) is kinda limp. Molson is pasturized, preservative-laced piss. Hardly worth the name beer.

and there we see the difference betwixt a Connoisseur and a Beer Drinker. Similar to the differences between a sommelier and a wino, or a smoker and a cigar aficionado.

Sir, should it arrise that we should encounter one another in good health and spirits, I shall endeavour to undertake your education in the art which is enjoying a beer. I find your manner boorish, and vulgar. I'll pause for a moment to let you reach for a dictionary.

I ask, as I attempt to find examples you might understand, think that all cuts of meat should be just tossed over a flame before eating? No, bad example, of course you do. How about ...... No.

Do you understand why there's a darkness lever on a toaster?

chcr said:
:grinyes:

I used to like Molson Golden in the olden days when it really came from Canada. Labbatt's Blue is another favorite Canuckian brew. I like lagers, not too big on ales although I've had a few that were quite good. There's Bud Light in my fridge right now and you know what? I don't care what anyone thinks about that. :p

Almost forgot, do you know why the British drink warm beer? All the refrigerators are made by Lucas.

So that you can taste them. British beer has about as much taste as one of your Ice Beers (none) when it's too cold. And for the record, we don't drink warm beer. Just warm by your standards. Most pubs' beer shelves have refrigeration coils under them. You just can't see them. Get's the beer down to about cold water tap cold.

What crawled up your ass and died (today)?

I am not a beer conni...coniss...snob. In fact, I'm only a snob about one thing. And seeing as your ilk as a whole do not appreciate it anyway, I'll spare you.

When I want a cold beer, that's what I want. When I want a room temperature glass of foul smelling foamy swill, I'm dead. At which point you may then fill me to overflowing with your version of barley, malt, yeast, hops and water.

I still want footage of your next excursion into rural Texas. We have TV shows that pay money for stuff like that.

And in closing...

Monty Python said:
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed
animal food trough water! I fart in your general direction! You
mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

:swing:

Only one thing to say about 'Bud - wei -ser'

Took me 5 mins but here goes :)

budweipuke.gif

duck.gif

Back