Bush preps for historic Third Term

flavio said:
That was a quote generally attributed to GW.

Generally attributed? Generally ATTRIBUTED??? :hippy:

It's either a direct & accurate quote...or its :bs:

freako104 said:
He has made some threads where he attacked America,

In what way? I can be critical of members of congress on their political stanses and press releases but do not recall attacking Americas sovergnty or anybodies way of life.

freako104 said:
Sounded more critical of Bush and this administration to me.

I'll reiterate that I am disillusened with the current administration...In the last presidential election would I vote for Bush again, yes I would with information I had at the time. If the election is held today, no. I would not vote for Kerry either...

Well hate to say it, but it is just a peice of paper.

and if you dont' live with what it says, and don't defend the rights laid out within it is a useless peice of paper.

One source...Capital Hill Blue & even they don't quote sources
I’ve talked to three people present for the meeting that day and they all confirm that the President of the United States called the Constitution “a goddamned piece of paper.”

That doesn't say "They heard". It matters. The source is :bs:

flavio said:
Horseshit. Everything I find all points back to capitolhillblue.com and a blog by Doug Thompson, who cites three UNNAMED sources. Use some common sense; don't you think this would be on the front page of the New York Times if it were true or even close to true?

Wow, I knew there was a reason I said attributed.

May or may not be true....hard to say. The quote is attributed to GW though.

If we're attributing quotes to people that didn't say them, then I could say that you said you really dig that whole necro-bestiality thing. Then it would be attributed to you even though you never said that, at least as far as I know.

Inkara1 said:
Horseshit. Everything I find all points back to capitolhillblue.com and a blog by Doug Thompson, who cites three UNNAMED sources. Use some common sense; don't you think this would be on the front page of the New York Times if it were true or even close to true?

Common sense? He allegedly said this in the presence of GOP leadership, not the press corp. Even if a repub is pissed at GW for one reason or another, (s)he would not go running to the press to out the prez on this, giving the opposition ample fuel for the '06 midterms.

Do I think he actually said this? I'd say it's 60/40 that he did not. Would it surprise me? Hell no.

highwayman said:
In what way? I can be critical of members of congress on their political stanses and press releases but do not recall attacking Americas sovergnty or anybodies way of life.

I'll reiterate that I am disillusened with the current administration...In the last presidential election would I vote for Bush again, yes I would with information I had at the time. If the election is held today, no. I would not vote for Kerry either...

He had made threads where he would soley discuss the faults we have made in the past. I agree with him that we have made mistakes, but I also like to tihnk that America, as a nation, wants to do the right thing. I dont see him say that as much.

I didnt vote Bush only because I felt Kerry was the less of 2 evils but neither one I liked

flav, did you speak out when Clinton wanted to extent the term limits?

edit: BTW, I'm against changing it in any way. We'll need new blood by then.

Thomas Jefferson via flavio said:
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive.

Interesting. Very interesting. Too damn bad we don't have a president in office to invade those citizens who oppose his will and march them back into line at gunpoint. Burn their homes. Rape their women. Steal their possessions. Spread lies about them. Violate the Constitution he claims to be upholding. Authorize mass execution. That'd be cool, wouldn't it?

freako104 said:
US Troops kill innocents

That is one. This kind of thing happens in war, and both sides are guilty of taking innocent lives

That's not attacking America. It was a highly newsworthy incident significant for many reasons.

Would you rather not hbe aware of things like this?

SouthernN'Proud said:
Interesting. Very interesting. Too damn bad we don't have a president in office to invade those citizens who oppose his will and march them back into line at gunpoint. Burn their homes. Rape their women. Steal their possessions. Spread lies about them. Violate the Constitution he claims to be upholding. Authorize mass execution. That'd be cool, wouldn't it?

How do you invade a citizen? Is this another Clinton joke?

Back