Calling a spade a spade

MrBishop

A Somali arrives in FLORIDA as a new immigrant to the United States. He stops the first person he sees walking down the street and says, "Thank you Mr. American for letting me in this country, giving me housing, food stamps, free medical care, and free education!"

The passerby says, "You are mistaken, I am Mexican."

The man goes on and encounters another passerby. "Thank you for having such a beautiful country here in America!"

The person says, "I not American, I Vietnamese."

The new arrival walks further, and the next person he sees he stops, shakes his hand and says, "Thank you for the wonderful America!"

That person puts up his hand and says, "I am from Middle East, I am not American!"

He finally sees a nice lady and asks, "Are you an American?"

She says, "No, I am from Russia!"

Puzzled, he asks her, "Where are all the Americans?"

The Russian lady checks her watch and says..."Probably at work."

This joke has set off a nerve...so it is in no way a criticism of Bish when I say:
None of the motherfuckers wandering around this country have "American roots" except those that are Native Americans. All of us have relatives that came to this country from somewhere else and we just casually choose not to remember this.
What makes your descendants that much better than the folks coming now? Your folks worked for what they had? Great! Mine too...so we should be condeming the non-workers, not the immigrants.
The immigrants made this country what it is...melting pot, remember?

It's okay....I just get a little riled on this topic. I think it's because I am a first generation American on my Mother's side but it's not readily evident so folks don't think twice about badmouthing foreigners to me...I should have a thicker skin.

When was the last time you watched Star Trek?

Everyone speeks english including all the aliens and not an accent among em...

Aliens don't have an accent, but in movies supposedly filmed in say......Japan, all the japanese talk fluent english with a japanese accent. If they want to make it real then let them talk japanese, if they want to hear it in english they might as well do it, just don't tell the actors to fake an accent.

It's actually pro-American as hard-working people, and anti-immigrant. :shrug:

It was a joke...a bad one, but a joke nonetheless.

I'm offended by the title. Check the origins of that statement, if you want to be clued in...:grumpy:

For the record...I'm not anti-immigrant. I am, however, against illegal aliens.

Tonks...If I were you, I'd try thickening that skin up a bit. Works wonders for me on many occasions where folks don't know I'm around. ;)

I'm offended by the title. Check the origins of that statement, if you want to be clued in...:grumpy:

Spade - like a shovel, but made with a point instead of a squared off...especially made for digging through earth. Don't call it a shovel...it's a spade.

As I understood the meaning to be. Not a try...just an explanation of my understanding.

Hell, I used to think that it was tow the line (as in a tug of war, pull on the line in the same direction just like everyone else) and not toe the line (start at the same spot as everyone else).

The former makes more sense in it's current use than the latter.

If spade a spade is a racist term...consider me informed now.

Back