Canadas University profs win right to smoke pot

highwayman

Another story of dopes on rope...
Wonder if either one teaches a cooking class...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/11/13/canada.professors.reut/index.html
TORONTO, Ontario (Reuters) -- The use of medical marijuana has given two Toronto professors the right to something that many students could only dream of -- access to specially ventilated rooms where they can indulge in peace.

The two, at the esteemed University of Toronto and at York University to the north of the city, suffer from chronic medical conditions that some doctors say can be eased by smoking marijuana. They are among nearly 1,500 Canadians who have won the right to use the drug for health reasons.

Re: Canada profs win right to smoke pot

Sure...ya can't smoke cigs near school...but pot? :rolleyes:

Medicinal uses for MJ is well documented and proven effective where many other trreatments fall WAY short... building a special room for them though...a bit over the top IMHO.

Could you edit that title to specify college professors? Thanks.

Could you edit that title to specify college professors? Thanks.

t'was the the first thing i thought off ..a pic of Prof in a kilt, his beard rasta style with red green and yella beads ... a smoking a chillum ... with a canadian t shirt ... and a load of academic books behing him ...

:grinyes:

**edit** is it any wonder i canna spell "behind" with doped out lecturers running the intelligensia ????

... you forgot the

"Man!" :trippy:

bit ... :grinyes:

er .. i take it you are not an actual professor then prof? Or are you? Always assumed you were -

plus - since you are from Great Britain, you of course are naturally more intelligent than the average man/woman overthere! :grinyes:

ok ..gonna leg it ... :bolt:

j/k ;)

I couldn't take teaching the idiots I meet everyday. Hell, I can't even handle the average comp user. I got railroaded to third level support mostly because I'm too valuable to lose because I told a user what I thought of him.

Called out from another client on a priority one call. (one hour response, three hours billable minimum). VP's comp is down, major data loss, full panic stations. I show up .... and pop the disquette out of his 3.5 drive. 100% data recovery, with no hardware loss, within 30 seconds. Damn I'm good.

Our CFO called today, couldn't get his e-mail.
I go to his office, plug in the network cable. job well done. time to go home.

Will the professors being stoned during class mean the student will get fewer credits per class? It would be handy in one aspect...when they ask who bought their book you say yes & they'll be too zoned to check.

Back