Canadians plant gardens.

35° Fahrenheit (1.6° C)
Italian Cars won't start
Canadians drive with the windows down

32° Fahrenheit (0 ° C)
American water freezes
Canadian water gets thicker.

0° Fahrenheit (-17.9° C)
New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.
Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

-60° Fahrenheit (-51° C)
Mt.St. Helens freezes.
Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-100° Fahrenheit (-73° C)
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
Canadians pull down their ear flaps.

-173° Fahrenheit (-114° C)
Ethyl alcohol Freezes.
Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg

-460° Fahrenheit (-273° C)
Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.
Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

-500° Fahrenheit (-295° C)
Hell freezes over.
The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup :lol:

Leslie said:
wtf? it isn`t that warm!

Not when it's windy...we haven't had many blistery cold days this year so I'm spoiled into thinking negatives are cold.

Been moderate here, with a ton o' rain. Nice and sunny today, though.

With the lack of a hard freeze and all this moisture, I dread what the insect situation is gonna be this summer.

Right now, they're predicting a sunny weekend with highs of 22-25. Time to address the outdoor honey-do list.

HomeLAN said:
Right now, they're predicting a sunny weekend with highs of 22-25. Time to address the outdoor honey-do list.
Hey, if you wanna blow that off, I'm planning a convertible top replacement party for this weekend (if I receive the top in time). There will be cursing, swearing, whining and a good time will be had by some. ;)

I'd love it, but I can't travel this weekend. The wife has a wicked cold, and even if she recovers, I expect to be needed about the house.

HomeLAN said:

Time to attack the trout population if this &$@*ing pain eases up in time.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Time to attack the trout population if this &$@*ing pain eases up in time.

I just want you to know that you're an evil prick, and I hope the mosquito population greets you warmly. Asshole. I was at the cottage last night. Couldn't even get in. The snow is roof-height on my 88 mirage, and there's a solid bar of ice a foot thick across the bottom of the house door. The lake ice is over a foot thick, and the trout have gone deep. Pesky little perch is all that's catchable.

I echo Prof's sentiments....though I can't can't catch anything..the river is too shallow for any damn fishing at all.

Back