It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

spike

Now you have something. The first stimulus was a failure and Obama, seeing that failure, galloped forward to emulate it. BOTH stimulus packages were, and are, failures.

Actually they were pretty successful in a lot of ways.

The current stimulus is Obama's; and he told us that if we didn't do it the world economy would falter. We did it and the world economy faltered.

It wasn't a cure all. It kept the economy from tanking far worse and saved a ton of jobs.

ZERO SUM GAIN.

Pretty good gain actually.

spike

Since Obama took Ohio in 2008, I think its relevant the poll rubs it in clearly that Bush was better than Obama in the eyes of the majority Ohio'ns

At the moment in that poll. Now say if some other state said the opposite would you be saying clearly Obama was better than Bush?

obama_total_approval_august_31_2010.jpg

clearly, at an unprecedented rate.

You truly are a glutton for punishment.

obama-reagan-approval-ratings.jpg

Precedented. Are you saying Reagan was an awful president?

Also you realize a lot of the dissatisfaction with Obama is because he's not liberal enough right? Following too many Bush policies on wiretaps, etc. Not pushing for the public option enough.

Obama will go down as the worst president in American History.

Bush will hold that record for decades at least.

valkyrie

It seems that Obama has managed to spend more tax dollars in a year and a half than George Bush spent on the entire Iraq war.

Democrats were incensed by a $700 billion deficit under Bush but are absolutely mum <crickets> now that the deficit is in the trillions.

SOURCE
Ummmm... The deficit was already in the trillions when Bush left office on Jan 20th, 2009. It was also in the trillions when he started in 2001. I'm not sure where the information you gave came from but my source is from the treasury...
http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/NPGateway
Under G. W. Bush...
$5,727,776,738,304.64 on Jan 20th, 2001
$10,626,877,048,913.08 on Jan 20th, 2009

Today... under B. Obama
$13,449,652,537,035.05 on August 31, 2010

Keep in mind that many of the free money packages that Bush signed were scheduled to go into affect after Jan 20th 2009 and the expenses of his wars still rage on.

The War in Iraq in 2007 was estimated to cost the tax payers $300 Million/day (or almost $10 Billion/month).
http://www.kiplinger.com/businessresource/forecast/archive/The_True_Cost_0720723.html
If these figures are even close then you should remove the resulting legacy bill from what Obama is responsible for. There is no way to shut down spending on Iraq and Afghanistan until those wars are over and cleaned up. Obama didn't start those tax sucking wars, Bush did. Give credit where credit is due.

Gotholic

No one watched it? The question: "Where did you come up with the number of $700 billion?"

The answer: "It's not based on any particular data point. We just wanted to chose a really large number."

ResearchMonkey

Because the TRUTH worth Repeating !!11

mythwalrus_2.jpg

As President Obama prepares to tie a bow on U.S. combat operations in Iraq, Congressional Budget Office numbers show that the total cost of the eight-year war was less than the passed by the Democratic-led Congress in 2009.

According to CBO numbers in its Budget and Economic Outlook published this month, the cost of Operation Iraqi Freedom was $709 billion for military and related activities, including training of Iraqi forces and diplomatic operations.

The projected cost of the stimulus, which passed in February 2009, and is expected to have a life of two years, was $862 billion.

The U.S. deficit for fiscal year 2010 is expected to be $1.3 trillion, according to CBO. That compares to a 2007 deficit of $160.7 billion and a 2008 deficit of $458.6 billion, according to data provided by the U.S. Office of Management and Budget.

Myth-Busters
fschartfeddeficits397x2.jpg

All that "stimulus" and we are still losing jobs.

artpelositorturecnn.jpg

"Where are the Jobs Mr President?"

obama_approval_index_september_4_2010.jpg

obama_total_approval_september_4_2010.jpg

Unprecedented

ResearchMonkey

I think you're using outdated data again. Osama is already at 42% not 50%.

Might you have a reliable source of data?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Fuck those sandniggers. They aren't entitled to freedom. They wouldn't know what to do with it.

Is that how I'm supposed to do it?

ResearchMonkey

Bush's approval rating was pretty freakin' low when he left office.

Yeah, just think about it for second. Do you remember all the media and liberal attacks played during the election cycle and how the momentum carried on all the way to the Won's emasculation of America.
  • To many vacations.
  • Linguistics.
  • Patriot Act.
  • Jobs.
  • Economy.
  • War.
  • Gitmo.
  • Drone strikes.
  • Katrina.
  • Man Made Global Warming.
  • etc.
The left, including the leftist media, manufactured controversy's on even the smallest of details with Bush. Not so with Obama. If if issues weren't ignored for him, apologies were given.

Bush may have earned some of his lower polling but Obama has been allowed to slide in every area. The apologetic media unexpectedly afforded a blind eye to the worsening state of the nation. It's only been recently as the vast majority of Americans clearly see the undeniable failures that the current administration has provided, that media are starting to wake up.

If the media had applied the "Obama standard" to Bush, Bush's numbers would not have been so low. People are waking up to the conjured tricks the left has played on them, it's why so many people are moving away from the left.

The advice from Democratic consultants and strategists is almost unanimous: Run away from the president, and fast. A prominent Democratic pollster is circulating a survey that shows George W. Bush is 6 points more popular than President Obama in "Frontline" districts -- seats held by Democrats that the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee sees as most vulnerable to Republican takeover. That Bush is more popular than Obama in Democratic-held seats is cause for outright fear.

6 Points, Democrat Districts.
obama_approval_index_september_5_2010.jpg

History will show that Bush was not near the villain as the media portrayed him to be. And I'm guessing Obama will soon replace Jimmy Carter in the annals of modern American history.

spike

etc.[/LIST]The left, including the leftist media, manufactured controversy's on even the smallest of details with Bush. Not so with Obama.

Where we had tons of legitimate things to bitch about with Bush....stupid war in Iraq killing massive numbers of people based on false data, taking away freedom from Americans, etc. The right has completely manufactured stupid ass shit to bitch about with Obama based on lies. Death panels? LOL :laugh:

Bush may have earned some of his lower polling but Obama has been allowed to slide in every area. The apologetic media unexpectedly afforded a blind eye to the worsening state of the nation.

In reality the nation is improving from Bush's failures. We're not shedding the jobs at near Bush's rate, stock market is back up, etc.

If the media had applied the "Obama standard" to Bush, Bush's numbers would not have been so low.

They'd be way lower.

History will show that Bush was not near the villain as the media portrayed him to be.

History will show he was even worse than most people already think.

spike

Fuck those sandniggers. They aren't entitled to freedom. They wouldn't know what to do with it.

Yeah, that's why we spent all that money and killed 100's of thousands of civilians. To bring freedom to people RM and Cerise hate. :laugh:

If you think back to what actually happened they lied and said there was an imminent because of all of those WMDs.

""There's no question that Iraq was a threat to the people of the United States."
• White House spokeswoman Claire Buchan, 8/26/03

"We ended the threat from Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction."
• President Bush, 7/17/03

Iraq was "the most dangerous threat of our time."
• White House spokesman Scott McClellan, 7/17/03

"Saddam Hussein is no longer a threat to the United States because we removed him, but he was a threat...He was a threat. He's not a threat now."
• President Bush, 7/2/03

"Absolutely."
• White House spokesman Ari Fleischer answering whether Iraq was an "imminent threat," 5/7/03

"We gave our word that the threat from Iraq would be ended."
• President Bush 4/24/03

"The threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction will be removed."
• Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 3/25/03

"It is only a matter of time before the Iraqi regime is destroyed and its threat to the region and the world is ended."
• Pentagon spokeswoman Victoria Clarke, 3/22/03

"The people of the United States and our friends and allies will not live at the mercy of an outlaw regime that threatens the peace with weapons of mass murder."
• President Bush, 3/19/03

"The dictator of Iraq and his weapons of mass destruction are a threat to the security of free nations."
• President Bush, 3/16/03

"This is about imminent threat."
• White House spokesman Scott McClellan, 2/10/03

Iraq is "a serious threat to our country, to our friends and to our allies."
• Vice President Dick Cheney, 1/31/03

Iraq poses "terrible threats to the civilized world."
• Vice President Dick Cheney, 1/30/03

Iraq "threatens the United States of America."
• Vice President Cheney, 1/30/03

"Iraq poses a serious and mounting threat to our country. His regime has the design for a nuclear weapon, was working on several different methods of enriching uranium, and recently was discovered seeking significant quantities of uranium from Africa."
• Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 1/29/03

"Well, of course he is.”
• White House Communications Director Dan Bartlett responding to the question “is Saddam an imminent threat to U.S. interests, either in that part of the world or to Americans right here at home?”, 1/26/03

"Saddam Hussein possesses chemical and biological weapons. Iraq poses a threat to the security of our people and to the stability of the world that is distinct from any other. It's a danger to its neighbors, to the United States, to the Middle East and to the international peace and stability. It's a danger we cannot ignore. Iraq and North Korea are both repressive dictatorships to be sure and both pose threats. But Iraq is unique. In both word and deed, Iraq has demonstrated that it is seeking the means to strike the United States and our friends and allies with weapons of mass destruction."
• Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 1/20/03

"The Iraqi regime is a threat to any American. ... Iraq is a threat, a real threat."
• President Bush, 1/3/03

"The world is also uniting to answer the unique and urgent threat posed by Iraq whose dictator has already used weapons of mass destruction to kill thousands."
• President Bush, 11/23/02

"I would look you in the eye and I would say, go back before September 11 and ask yourself this question: Was the attack that took place on September 11 an imminent threat the month before or two months before or three months before or six months before? When did the attack on September 11 become an imminent threat? Now, transport yourself forward a year, two years or a week or a month...So the question is, when is it such an immediate threat that you must do something?"
• Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 11/14/02

"Saddam Hussein is a threat to America."
• President Bush, 11/3/02

"I see a significant threat to the security of the United States in Iraq."
• President Bush, 11/1/02

"There is real threat, in my judgment, a real and dangerous threat to American in Iraq in the form of Saddam Hussein."
• President Bush, 10/28/02

"The Iraqi regime is a serious and growing threat to peace."
• President Bush, 10/16/02

"There are many dangers in the world, the threat from Iraq stands alone because it gathers the most serious dangers of our age in one place. Iraq could decide on any given day to provide a biological or chemical weapon to a terrorist group or individual terrorists."
• President Bush, 10/7/02

"The Iraqi regime is a threat of unique urgency."
• President Bush, 10/2/02

"There's a grave threat in Iraq. There just is."
• President Bush, 10/2/02

"This man poses a much graver threat than anybody could have possibly imagined."
• President Bush, 9/26/02

"No terrorist state poses a greater or more immediate threat to the security of our people and the stability of the world than the regime of Saddam Hussein in Iraq."
• Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 9/19/02

"Some have argued that the nuclear threat from Iraq is not imminent - that Saddam is at least 5-7 years away from having nuclear weapons. I would not be so certain. And we should be just as concerned about the immediate threat from biological weapons. Iraq has these weapons."
• Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 9/18/02

"Iraq is busy enhancing its capabilities in the field of chemical and biological agents, and they continue to pursue an aggressive nuclear weapons program. These are offensive weapons for the purpose of inflicting death on a massive scale, developed so that Saddam Hussein can hold the threat over the head of any one he chooses. What we must not do in the face of this mortal threat is to give in to wishful thinking or to willful blindness."
• Vice President Dick Cheney, 8/29/02"

Fucking history. Sucks for you that they write this shit down huh?

spike

60+ years of polling, Unprecedented.

Seems like you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what the word "unprecedented" means.

Let me prove you wrong one more time...

abc_obama_reagan_100716_main.jpg

Damn this is fun. Now are you saying this indicates Reagan's failed leadership?

valkyrie

Is that how I'm supposed to do it?
You can not force freedom on people. They have to want it as bad as we wanted it when we broke from England. They have to want it as bad as France wanted it when they destroyed their monarchy. They have to want it as bad as India wanted it when they pushed Great Brittan to give them their independence.

Quite frankly, I don't think they ever cared enough about their freedom. Do you see them fighting the people that bomb their markets and voting places?