CeleronXL

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Stealing beer is allowed, Tommy, as long as you're bringing it here.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
where else am i going to take it? it's not going to be good much longer if we don't get it on ice. happy birthday PT

CeleronXL

Aha, hey.

Of course I remembered the beer. I also brought rhino pie. :D

This vB is cool, very heavily modded I see.

And finally, yes, I am CeleronXT from vB.com. :)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
CeleronXL said:
This vB is cool, very heavily modded I see.
Glad you like it. ;) Indeed, I've hacked the hell out of it. And I'm about to do even more since I don't see vB3 coming out any time soon.

CeleronXL

Neither do I, but even if I did I probably wouldn't upgrade to it. I have so many hacks that I really need that vB3 doesn't have. I'll probably stick with vB2 until well after vB3 goes gold.

What's the avatar post count here?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
30, I think. I'm planning on making it so that contributors can have one despite not having 30 posts though. (Can you tell I'm really nudging people for more money? Gotta have some way to pay the hosting bills :D)

CeleronXL

Ahh yes, tell me about it. :-/ I currently eat up almost 2 GB of bandwidth a day on my site.... Yet per month, I only have 25 GB. I had to buy an extra 18 GB (this month only) and I'm still flush out. (http://www.starcraftsector.com).

I'm desperately searching for banner ad affiliate programs now. :(

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
kinda going thru the same here celeronXL, Welcome to the site by the way.

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

who you hosting with?
may wanna check out our host. Insiderhosting.com Im sure steve would be happy to help ya out with the bandwidth problems.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Bandwidth is indeed expensive. In times of need, we usually force disabling avatars and img codes, but ever since the switch to Insider Hosting we haven't had the need to do that again. They're really flexible with your bandwidth. Might even give you a custom plan if you ask real nice. :D

CeleronXL

I'm hosted with JaguarPC (http://www.jaguarpc.com). They're a great host and great support, with great prices, it's just that the past month my site gained great popularity and it pulled us down.

How much bandwidth do you get with Insider? Can you get up to 40 GB for a reasonable price?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Our plan is a custom one, 30 gigs bw and 1 gig space for $28/mo. (we were transferred here from Phantasyworks Hosting when they were bought out by Insider)

Lemme know how much space and BW you need, I'll see what I can do.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
So you need 40 gigs of bandwidth then? They got that on a reseller acct. for $50 a month standard, that is if you need all 3 gigs of space. Do you?