Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Within the last five years

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Over five years / can't remember

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Professur

In honour of Spirit.

Alright, you pussies. Fess up. When's the last time you had a checkup/medical. You think you're still invunerable? Can't happen to you? Can't manage the time off?

Well you're wrong. You can't afford not to take the time. Do it already.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I went a year or so ago, first time in 10, 15, 25 years? I went because of pain and because I passed 40. I'll probably go again when I pass 60.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Option E: Within the last month.

I used to be bullet proof too. Not anymore. A check-up caught the cancer before it killed me.

tonksy

i get annual female check ups but the last physical i had was when i was pregnant with malory.

Starya

Define checkup.

I do the gyno every other year, and offer a drop of blood every six months, but then they only check the thyroxin-levels. Donate blood every 3 months, then they check that for different stuff too.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
About a yearish ago...that reminds me...I need to call and find out when my year will be up so I can make an appointment to go back before I go home for the summer...the doc I see is here in Hamilton :)

chcr

Too cute for words
Warren Zevon said:
Turns out that there's a downside to not seeing a doctor for twenty years. One of those phobias that didn't quite work out.
;)
I'm diabetic, I go in every three months. I stopped being bulletproof in my late thirties.

greenfreak

I went to a GP because I had the flu and doc gave me paperwork to get checkup bloodwork done. Still have yet to get the bloodwork, three months later. I need to stop procrastinating, the place is less than a mile from where I work.

Went to the "woman doctor" for a checkup/Pap a month ago for the first time in about 10 years. (I know, I'm an ass) Turns out there is an "abnormality" so I need to be retested again next month. :(

Dave

havent had a PCP in the past 4 or 5 years. just picked a new one, but havent gotten around to making an appointment.

MrBishop

I get at least one a year (basic roundup of checks), plus two or three more depending on how I'm feeling. The latest was because of insomnia :p

K62

The last time I had a check up was before I did my basic military training in summer of 2002. It didn't take long at all, and seemed like they spent more time testing my eyes and ears than anything else.

I don't think I have ever had a good checkup. I think I really should soon.

What do most Doc's check, in a checkup?

unclehobart

I haven't had a baseline physical since I was 13. I've had specialized stuff sorta hit and miss all through the years... but nothing overall.

tonksy

unclehobart said:
I haven't had a baseline physical since I was 13. I've had specialized stuff sorta hit and miss all through the years... but nothing overall.
*gives rob that look.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Haven't gone, should go.

Last time I went, I dragged hubby with me on pretense of needing a refill on some meds and discussing a child issue,

And out of the blue told the doc I needed an AIDS test and STD testing.

That was fun!!!

Stop Laughing

Last one I had was when I was thinking of joining the army about 3-4 years ago. They did a lot more than a typical physical, but it was more of a test to see if I could make it, and I didn't (overweight). I really gotta go to at least establish a connection with a PCP, otherwise it's really hard to get in when I need it.

Inkara1

I had a physical exam done before the start of each wrestling season in high school. That means probably October 1998 or so would have been the last one.