Childhood memories

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
You can't drink water from the tap now? That's sad...I drink tap water all the time.

I think he means without a recepticle.

Or from the outside tap.

I used to drink tap water from outside tap, without cups and sometimes straight from a garden sprinkle :lol:

That can't be done no more, you just don't want to drink tap water (from any tap using any recepticle) unless you want a gastric infection coming your way. We buy bottled water for human consumption.

Inkara1

Wow, RC cola. On the few times I was allowed to drink soda as a kid, it was usually RC.

I remember RC, not particularly fondly... I despise flat soda and RC seems to go flat faster than you can say "ambesol."

Things could be worse, though... it could be Diet Rite. :sick:

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I also remember

Visiting Montreal (I lived in Ottawa at the time) and staying at grandma's and being able to watch superfriends.

I remember Bat-Mite

I remember going to my other grandparents (before the "dark times") sundays and watching (In this order) Charlies Angels, Bonanza, then Battlerstar Galactica (OH! I also remember when Starbuck was a guy, not a female, or a coffee store)

PrincessLissa

My mom came home with a perm and my brother screamed and cried and wouldn't go to her for hours. Granted he was under the age of one, but I still thought it was hillarious. My brother was also under 3 for a very long time at the movie theater and my mom had a purse big enough to fit a bag of microve popcorn.

MrBishop

"Wii" was a sound you made when flinging yourself as high as possible from a swing.
XBox was a cardboard box that you'd just turned into a car/plane/house/gun - hence ex-box
Playstation was a table in kindergarten where you could find the scissors, paste, construction-paper and assorted knick-knacks.
Nintendo was something you'd called your sister (providing you had a speech impediment)
and
Pong was still a game you could invite your friends over to play - and they would, in droves. - but only if it was raining BADLY outside

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Or from the outside tap.

Our house that burned was on well water for the outside taps. That tasted so much better than the city water does. :crap: I used to go outside and get a glass of water from the hose to drink.

Growing up we were on well water. That tasted better too.
I remember that too, had a pump house up on the hill behind the house. We used to go up there when we were outside and drink it right out of the well.

JJR512

I can remember being in my crib. I can remember one instance of having my diaper changed. I can remember being potty trained. I can remember crawling around before learning how to walk. I remember a bit from my first birthday party.

But I have no idea what I had for lunch two days ago.