Chocoholism

fi

greenfreak said:
Fool proof way of being grossed out by chocolate: eat a teaspoon of Hershey's baking chocolate. Unsweetened. Chocolate without sugar is vile.

Yeah but the problem there is I wouldn't consider it chocolate...!

hate dark chocolate though - has to be Cadbury's Dairy milk for me :)

unclehobart

fi said:
unclehobart said:
im allergic. come to me, my child. I will teach thee how to hate chocolate.

What, are allergies contagious? ;)
Depends upon your school of thought. I could drill the idea that you are allergic into your head over and over again until your body responds in a Pavlovian style.

I could introduce something that you truly are allergic to into a series of chocolate nibbly-bits. Your body can group associate the things you consume alongside if your allergies. It has happend to me.

You could fall in love with me and then pick up an allergy in an act of sheer subconscious sympathy.

You could marry me. Then we would be of one flesh in the biblical sense. Our allergies would then meld into one.

I could purchase all off the world supply of cocoa and just destroy it all.. causing the price of chocolate to go up 100 fold. You would then avoid chocolate as a matter of sheer ecconomics.

Need more?

Ardsgaine

Janimal purchased some chocolate covered almonds from a candy store this evening that were truly horrendous. Probably the worst chocolate that I've ever had in my life. I wasn't able to eat more than a dozen of them before I just gave up. :(

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Ardsgaine said:
Janimal purchased some chocolate covered almonds from a candy store this evening that were truly horrendous. Probably the worst chocolate that I've ever had in my life. I wasn't able to eat more than a dozen of them before I just gave up. :(

But it took you a dozen? :rofl:

I can stop eating chocolate whenever I like. I only have one addiction I have to watch out for, and that one isn't too bad yet. Smoking. I only do 3 or 4 a day, and only when I need a break from work. Seems that the only way to get breaks when I first joined was by smoking. I just never quit.

Ardsgaine

Gato_Solo said:
But it took you a dozen? :rofl:

I just kept hoping they would get better, but they never did. :(

I can stop eating chocolate whenever I like. I only have one addiction I have to watch out for, and that one isn't too bad yet. Smoking. I only do 3 or 4 a day, and only when I need a break from work. Seems that the only way to get breaks when I first joined was by smoking. I just never quit.

That's not too bad. I've only smoked about 10 cigarettes in my life. I would like them a lot better if it weren't for the smoke...

Aunty Em

I control my craving with those low calorie chocolate drinks. I've found a couple that I really like - Belgium Chocolate and Cafe Latte. It works most of the time but occassionally I flip and have to have the real thing - Kitkats mainly, the big chunky ones. I believe you call them hershey bars - or at least that's what my Diet Power Weight & Nutrition Manager tells me.

And yes, I'm very sad, I have to use a computer programme to control my weight. In fact I've lost 10lbs in the last month and a half using it, and yes... it's American. :)