Cindy McCain's $300,000 Outfit

But with the republicans always throwing aroud the word Elitist this stuff needs to be pointed out. Remember the big fuss over Edward's $400 haircut?

How can you forget about Teresa Heinz Kerry's fortune?

I'm wearing Cintas uniforms and $125 boots

That's about where I am....

otherwise it' shorts & tshirts (no logo thankyouverymuch) or sweats & flannel.

I'd like it duly noted that elitist has nothing to do with how much money you have or how much your clothes cost. It's a mindset.

someone sounds jelous.

Id hate to think I chose the person to lead my country on such nonissues as how much there wifes clothes cost. I prefer to choose based on real issues.

Id hate to think I chose the person to lead my country on such nonissues as how much there wifes clothes cost. I prefer to choose based on real issues.

Good for you. But for some reason the republicans always make a big deal out of things like this. Turnabout is fair play and all.

so you are going to, in your mind, sink to that level and make a point?

Sounds childish too me

Does obama wear clothes from Good Will or something?

It would take quite a sink to get down to that level.

I think you missed the point again. It's a common tactic for the repubs to call dems elitists and use something like an expensive haircut as an example.

Showing the excesses of the other side hopefully removes this bullshit elitist stuff from the equation.

Are you talking about the excesses of the candidate themself or simply the candidate's wives? Not every one can be called "Billary", you know.

Maybe everyone who runs for High Office oughta do it in their birthday suits. Yee-ikes! Let's see how serious they want to be elected!

Strange, ain't it, though? All a man has to do is wear a gray or blue suit and the inevitable red neck-tie and he's good to go, but a female candidate is going to go under the microscope for whatever clothes she wears- usually by other women?
How did textiles become so important?
Why can't we elect our hired help based on what they've got between the ears instead of what clothes they wear?

Oh! I pick on the men too. Specially on ESPN/other football airing stations. I want to go to work for them as a fashion consultant. Phil Sims and Ron Jaworski should never where pink or yellow tones.

That's the gender gap for ya- I pay less attention to peoples clothes than the price of tea in China, but always getting nagged by the women in my life for the ratty T-shirts, old boots and worn jeans. Can't y'all get it that we just like to be comfortable?

If a guy tells you he's comfortable in a suit, with a neck-tie noose, he's a goddamn liar!

I am a big fan of comfort. I just think I can be comfy and look good at the same time.

I have always wondered about the advent of the tie. Seems like the hazards of neckties outweigh any aesthetic bonuses. I don't get them, personally.

That's the gender gap for ya- I pay less attention to peoples clothes than the price of tea in China, but always getting nagged by the women in my life for the ratty T-shirts, old boots and worn jeans. Can't y'all get it that we just like to be comfortable?

Sorry JTP, but a suit and tie (or even a tux) can be perfectly comfortable if they fit well. Note that this usually implies that they were expensive and not "off-the-rack."

Note the second: I usually wear shorts or jeans and a polo shirt myself. Oh, and well worn tennies rather than boots. The ratty stuff gets worn to do mechanickin' or yard work.

Note the third: My wife and I tend to disagree on the definition of "ratty." :lol:

My criteria for Rob dressing nicely is a football jersey with no stains on the numbers and close toed shoes.

No neck-tie has ever felt comfortable to me. -Choking Hazard
Wore a tuxedo once- sister's wedding. Couldn't wait to shuck it off!
When I die, strip me down to the Birthday Suit and feed me to the alligators, please!
No textiles feel really comfortable against the skin, don't care what y'all say.

Back