Clockwork Orange

Scanty

How many of you guys have seen it and if you have...what did you think?

(it's a film, btw :D )

seen it read the book own the video tape. i enjoyed it a lot although the book was better i really thought it was great.

A classic. I haven't watched it in years though. One of my all time favorite bands(Ministry), used to take quotes from that movie and intigrate them into their songs.

Remember the CO/Simpsons crossover?

Attachment(s):

bartalex.jpg, 5.68kb

11_1035500863.jpg

The Durango '95 purred away a real horrowshow. A nice warm vibraty feeling all through your guttiwuts!

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.

Eggiwegs! I would like... to smash them!

Naughty, naughty, naughty! You filthy old soomka!

And the first thing that flashed into my gulliver was that I'd like to have her right down there on the floor with the old in-out, real savage.

Appy-polly-loggies. I had something of a pain in my gulliver so I had to sleep. I was not awakened when I gave orders for awakening.

There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie and Dim. And we sat in the Korova Milkbar, trying to make up our razudoks what to do with the evening. The Korova Milkbar sold milk-plus; milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and get you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.

Long Banned Clockwork Orange Airs

Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange, which hasn't been seen in Great Britain for 30 years, airs on British television for the first time today. Sky Box Office, a pay cable channel, said it would air the film nearly every day until mid September. The dark, futuristic, violent 1972 film, based on a novel by Anthony Burgess, generated such strong reactions in its original release that Kubrick voluntarily banned it from circulation shortly thereafter. The ban ended after his death in 1999. The film's protagonist, gang leader Alex de Large, played by Malcolm McDowell, lived according to his philosophy of being ultra-violent, raping and listening to Beethoven. Despite the film's brief run 30 years ago, it still had a wide influence in Great Britain, making boiler suits popular and generating a new slang that mixed Russian with rhyming slang, such as ``tolchock'' (to hit) and ``razrez'' (to rip).
http://www.comicsutra.com/cs/news/2001july/long_banned_clockwork_orange_air.htm

i remember the big media story when they tried to show it on tv a few years back...i think it was sci fi or something...

yeah... Its almost like trying to show and edited prono on regular tv. After the trims and bleeps it ends up being a 40 minute disjointed nightmare.

Saw the flick, read the book. I particularly enjoyed the scene where they porpped his eyelids open. It just looked so...comfy.

I liked the part where his old droogs were cops and held his head underwater and whomped on him for a full minute with no sound other than the skin raising ealry synthesizer hits... creepy creepy... Reminded me too much of grade school.

it was shown for the first time on tv the other day. Not sure whether it was edited a lot or not :shrug:

Back