Collectables

Mare

What's your favorite thing to collect? I LOVE cats - pretty much anything cat related. And the best thing about collecting cat stuff is the shopping part-love to shop, even if its window shopping.

BlurOfSerenity

ummm ummm ummm... i collect a lot of things, but one of my current favorite things-to-collect is LUNCHBOXES!!
i need to assemble my collection and snap a pic to show you all!

Sharky

OK, I confess. I collect die-cast cars. They are 1:24 scale (about the size of a shoe), from Franklin Mint and Danbury Mint. These are not toys, they are extremely accurately detailed works of automotive art. I didn't collect them hoping that their value would increase, I just like to look at 'em. Alright, sometimes I roll them around and make "vrooom vrooom" noises. :rolleyes:

Cars:

1930 Ford Model A Tudor
1930 Cadillac V16 Imperial Sedan - Armored - "Al Capone's"
1931 Ford Model A Roadster
1932 Cadillac V16 Sport Phaeton
1932 Ford V8 Convertible - "Bonnie & Clyde's"
1934 Packard Phaeton

Pickup Trucks:

1935 Ford
1937 Chevy
1938 Ford
1941 Chevy
1941 Dodge
1942 Ford
1946 Dodge Power Wagon

Ms Ann Thrope

My big weakness is cookbooks from the 30s, though I have a few from other decades, the teens through the early 60s. Mostly though, I collect contemporary art... nothing valuable, just paintings, prints and photographs from artist-friends. I am out of wall space though, and am now at the point of rotating what I have up because I can't have it all hanging at once. :(

BeardofPants

Hmm... between me and the BF:rolleyes: I collect books, CDs, DVDs etc, but I also collect Dr. Who and Blake's 7 memorabilia (I have an autographed Paul Darrow pix:D, and a pix with me, daleks, and Colin Baker (5th doctor), and the woman who played Jo Grant), as well as Star Wars toys, and Dr. Who target books. I also collect some Beatles stuff like fanzines, and the like. The BF does vintage computers... At least he tells me they're vintage, just looks like a pile of junk to me. :shrug: *kicks the Amiga while the BF isn't looking...*

Sharky said:
Alright, sometimes I roll them around and make "vrooom vrooom" noises. :rolleyes:

Do you make screetching noises also? :D

AlphaTroll

I collect the souls of my victims in a big ol' glass jar.

And dead bodies in the basement.

And 17 year old virgins.

I also have an extensive collection of froggie outfits, just waiting to be used.

And the heads of Barbie Dolls from the past.

I suppose you could also say I collect idiots - probably because I seem to be like flypaper for morons :rolleyes:

AlphaTroll

Yup, they were the ugly Barbies that GI Joe didn't want to rescue......got their heads on stakes around treasure island.

AlphaTroll

Yeah, Froggie outfits....mostly leather & chains....for me bondage frogs. What, did you think I let the bears have all the fun? :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Sharky said:
OK, I confess. I collect die-cast cars. They are 1:24 scale (about the size of a shoe), from Franklin Mint and Danbury Mint. These are not toys, they are extremely accurately detailed works of automotive art. I didn't collect them hoping that their value would increase, I just like to look at 'em. Alright, sometimes I roll them around and make "vrooom vrooom" noises. :rolleyes:

Cars:

1930 Ford Model A Tudor
1930 Cadillac V16 Imperial Sedan - Armored - "Al Capone's"
1931 Ford Model A Roadster
1932 Cadillac V16 Sport Phaeton
1932 Ford V8 Convertible - "Bonnie & Clyde's"
1934 Packard Phaeton

Pickup Trucks:

1935 Ford
1937 Chevy
1938 Ford
1941 Chevy
1941 Dodge
1942 Ford
1946 Dodge Power Wagon

You've never come across a 1976 F100 pickup have you?

tonksy

i have small little collections...nothing i am major over....have alot of pretty little teacups....i like candles that smell nice....have a good size houseplant collection...does that count? and postcards...i like postcards. i used to have a really cool t-shirt collection but i lost them all.

chcr

Too cute for words
Here's one I don't get (the wife does, though). Why do people saddle themselves with useless crap? That's just the way I feel about it, I'm not judging anyone. Of course, I do have five guitars (and two amps), two keyboards, a banjo, a mandolin, a dulcimer and several harmonicas. I haven't played professionally since the mid-nineties. Oh, and around half a ton of old computer crap.

unclehobart

With all seriousness... I collect Playboy magazines.

I have about 40 scattered issues from the late 50s and pretty much every issue from mid 1962 on forward. The ones at the beginning are rather dear in price.