common fricken' sense

another variation..

"hang on. i saw this in a cartoon. i think i can do it."

Gato_Solo said:
Just hang out at a 'redneck' picnic, and listen for the phrase

"Hey, y'all, watch this..." :grinyes:

:rofl: sad but true...:D

you're partially right about the publicity. i'm pretty sure these kind of things happen in other countries as well, but there aren't a lot of other countries where it's so easy to sue anyone about almost everything.
it happens elsewhere, of course, but the the last decade things have been taken to extremes in the US.

Shadowfax said:
:rofl: sad but true...:D

you're partially right about the publicity. i'm pretty sure these kind of things happen in other countries as well, but there aren't a lot of other countries where it's so easy to sue anyone about almost everything.
it happens elsewhere, of course, but the the last decade things have been taken to extremes in the US.

I'll agree with your first part, but not the second. The awards may be extreme, but everything else is probably even in the volume of lawsuits...:shrug:

In his ruling, Rafeedie awarded the estate of Xina Wendt $500,000, including money to cover her distress before the drowning. "I can imagine nothing more horrendous than the fear and loss of hope that she must have experienced during that ordeal," he said.

He also awarded $800,000 for her loss of income and $1 million for Tim Wendt's loss of his wife and watching her struggle for her life and being swept away to her death.

Just out of curiosity. He's all broke up about having to watch her struggle for her life. Why wasn't he "helping" her? Evidently, he was more concerned with his own life.

Back