computers and sunlight

unclehobart

Now that my computer is out in the wide expanse of my living room with all of the bay windows, the afternoon sun now blazes in through here at roughly 230pm -500pm making it all but impossible to see the screen. I welcome the sunshine ... but wish I could also continue on with what I'm doing without the interruption. I always wander off to other tasks until darkfall. Does anyone else have this same trouble at home or work?

Yup. But they have these things now called shades...

Also, we're only getting a few hours of sunlight a day right now wheras mid summer gives us 20+hrs of sunlight.

Yep, I use blinds and curtains with the offending windows. My computer is in a real sunny spot too.

I've shades on the 3 window sets on ground level. The upper 2 bay windows are not shadeable. The light the main one lets through is a massive 15x15 ft square patch of sun that travels the entire length of the room.

I have a mid afternoon sun glare. I just stop trying to read the threads and I post random generic replies till I can see agin...:tardbang:

I had that problem at kirks, on the puter in the livingroom. VERY annoying, to say the least. I've solved that problem here, by making the bedroom, for all intents and purposes....a cave :D

Ok Herve. :rofl:

Edit: Woops, sorry Q, that was aimed at Squigg up there.

It would probably be easier to build a 4 man tent and cover it with a few of the unused comforters out from deep storage in the living room and shove all of the gear inside of it. It would surely be better for my property values.

Rob, I'm sure we can figure out something to just shade your screen. We'll think up something the next time I'm over there.

At least 19", and a CRT. You game too much for plasma. Ideally, get a flat CRT. Viewsonic makes some really nice ones.

Squiggy said:
I have a mid afternoon sun glare. I just stop trying to read the threads and I post random generic replies till I can see agin...:tardbang:

lol :D

and Unc...you might want to consider buying a NEC...they make the best monitors i've seen....seriously good stuff.

not really. the comps i use at school are downstairs in a room with no windows. the one in my house is close to windows but at an angle that the sun isnt hitting them. plus im not usually on my home comp until night.

My computer is pretty much surrounded by three south-facing windows that get sun all day. Plus I'm using a crap old monitor at the moment since my 19" died.

I can still usually let the sun in at least one of the three windows without causing problems.

Here's a pic (don't mind the mess):

I was in the basement for 2 years. It was making me ... wierd. The light is muuuuch better. Carol Anne ... step into the light.

If I go into the light then I must interact with wife & child...basements good

Back