console gaming....

Mirlyn

Anyone here big in the console gaming? I'm just getting back into it from the days of Mortal Kombat on the SNES. I played Halo for the first time at my friends' house last night...I got my ass beat royally (50-32-29-2 in four-player (yeah, I was the 2 :blush: )) but I think I'm hooked. Never was an FPS'er before but now, woah, maybe I'm converting! :eek:

My bro has a PS2, and every once in awhile we'll play Grand Turismo 2 and 3. I just ordered Halo, so I guess I'll probably be getting an X-Box soon.

Any of you play consoles? Favorite games? Recomendations? :headbang:

Fazle

Grand Theft Auto on console, is awesome GTAIII or vice city
cool.gif

a13antichrist

Yeah, GTA-III & VC and Halo are the flagship gams for the PS2 and Xbox respectively.. both kick serious arse and are worth buying the system for that game alone..

I was always rather anti-console for FPS games until we got Halo. The argument was always that the views and controls aren't anywhere near as fluid as on the PC.. with the Xbox and especially Halo (also have TimeSplitters II and Unreal Championship) it feels even more natural because it's like you're steering the character rather than controlling him. I admit, I've been forced to accept that console FPS gaming can rival PC gaming, although obviously the fact that you can see each other's screens and you hear everyone's sounds rather than just your own are still major strikes against console gaming.

freako104

i like console games. halo,harvest moon(if you dont mind its a game where you run a farm its pretty cool),king of fighters series,fatal fury,mortal kombat,final fatnasy series(my favourites are 7/8),capcom vs snk 2,the tmnt games arent too bad,way of the samurai,the gta series,crazy taxi,silent hill(a favorite),eternal darkness, the zelda series,shenmue

i own
gamecube
ps2,x-box
n64
ps
dreamcast

Nihilistic

Capitalizing Bastich
Im a FPS feind. Me and 2 friends beet Return to Castle Wofenstein for the x-box and after about 15 hours we had beeten the game and the original which we unlocked after the game. The last 2 i played this week was Mace Griffith Bounty Hunter and Medal Of Honor Frontline. We beet them both but it was fun. WW2 games kick ass

We also played halo so much we memorized the lvls and legendary is no big deal anymore

HubbaHubba

Uggg..... you liked Halo?!?

:(

If you are getting a x-box make sure you get the noncrappy controllers though, seriously

HubbaHubba

i just found it boring as sin, i dunno why :/ the hugeass controllers didnt make it any better, hell i even liked bond for gamecube better, i play timesplitters 2 when i want to do a FPS (on cube) but now im really into super Smash Bros Melee :D

Nihilistic

Capitalizing Bastich
I love the controller because it fits comfortably in my hands. Fuckin PS2 controllers are a pain in the ass.

and gamecube controllers...oh, i wont even go there

HubbaHubba

what did you just say.... WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY

the game cube controllers are the most perfect piece of art ever tey mold to your hand like an old leather glove A GLOVE DAMNIT

HubbaHubba

well im sure as hell not 10 and they fit my hands perfectly.
The PS2 controllers arent eregonomic at all, i'd swear they were worse than the N64 controllers for ending up with hand problems, the main problem with the X-box's controllers is the fact that you cant reach various buttons comfortably

i took a pic of me holding the controller so gimme a minute to upload these

Nihilistic

Capitalizing Bastich
At least we can agree on one thing. N64 controllers were the worst.

I dont care for the design of the gamecube controller but its nice that the buttons are easy to access

the only beef i have about xbox controllers is the white/black buttons. there hard to reach during very tight action moments...

HubbaHubba

this is far to frikken complex for me... go here

http://www.fox302.com/index.pl?s=vg&user=jefkins&category=Everyone

thats my main problem with it too (x-box) i find if i have to reach for the white/black buttons then i lose perfect use of the trigger things underneath

also, why is it only on the gamecube that they desided to make the buttons different shapes so you could always know which is which, doesnt seem that tough, like hit green/O or hit the small circle. so much easier really

Nihilistic

Capitalizing Bastich
I dont lose the triggers i lose use of my thumb for a moment. When playing FPS games it gets me killed