Constantine

Starya

No, I don't wanna know what y'all thought of it. :p

So, I have this almost 12 year old who really wants to see Constantine. He figures it's just his kinda movie (from clips he's seen). I have it on dvd. Everytime his eyes falls on the cover, he gets such sad eyes, and makes some sort of "hmm"-sound one would hear from a teeny weeny puppy dog. Aww..

I'm sort of tilting between yes and no. Opinions?

What rating did it get over there btw?

A.B.Normal

So have you watched your DVD?,I'd say your the best one to know if its appropriate for your almost 12yr old?I know several 12yr olds it would be appropriate for and several it wouldn't.Heck,some of the movies I watch and recommend to certain friends ,I wouldn't recommend to others regardless of age,because of content.

Its "your" call !!! IMO

Starya

'Course it's my call, but I'm still interested in opinions though. ;)

Have I seen it? Ooh yeah. Saw it at the movies too. Drooled all over me shirt. :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
If I recall correctly, let him watch it. My kid saw it with no long term emotional distress

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I would think it'd be ok for an 11 year old. Might raise a bunch of questions and he may not understand some, but ok overall.

Starya

Leslie said:
I would think it'd be ok for an 11 year old. Might raise a bunch of questions and he may not understand some, but ok overall.
I'm guessing he'll understand the lot. He's always been good at picking up deeper meanings and such. The first thing he mentioned after seeing the Matrix a couple of years ago was how philosophical it was. :alienhuh:

Actually, I'm less inclined to let him see a movie if it's "just action" (meaning violence) with no decent plot (ok, I realize some might spit out their coffee when saying "decent plot" whilst talking of Constantine..) to explain it.

That sentence was awful, but I can't think of a better way to phrase it right now. Too early, man..

tommyj27

Not really Banned
other than the torture of watching keanu reeves for two hours, i would think it would be ok.

Starya

Oh yeah we watched it last night.

At one point in the movie did the kid get worried, so he paused, turned to me and said: "Say.. Is anything bad gonna happen to that cat..?"

mondomondo

Starya said:
I'm guessing he'll understand the lot. He's always been good at picking up deeper meanings and such. The first thing he mentioned after seeing the Matrix a couple of years ago was how philosophical it was.

Have you seen "Equilibrium"? As a film, it's extremely derivative (steals liberally from "Fahrenheit 451", "Brave New World", and "1984") but it's well-done. I think the young one would appreciate the "Gun-Kata" that takes place in the film. Oh, and did I mention it stars Christian Bale?

BeardofPants

christian-bale-gl11.jpg