Converse All Star Chuck Taylors

Squiggy said:
When I was a kid you HAD to to have Converse.
My dad used to complain about how much mine cost for basketball season, and how they'd be worn out in a couple of months. the rest of the year I got to wear the two dollar specials. Nowadays I wear Rockport Daywalkers most of the time, and chepies for working in the yard.

i've got a pair of bright red chucks in the closet somewhere from a drum & bugle corp i was in briefly a few years ago, i wear em every once in a while but it's kind of hard to find a good situation for shoes that look like i beat ronald mcdonald to get them

Justintime said:
We're talking 70 quid shoes versus 150 quid shoes :D

I still think they're too bloody expensive - £30 or £40 for a tiny pair of kids school shoes that are going to last about 5 minutes before they are wrecked is ridiculous! :eek:

Hm, come to think of it I don't pay for Katie's school shoes, they insist she wears those made to measure Pedro boots... the health service pays for them, and she wrecks them by scuffing the fronts within 5 minutes. But she won't wear them at home she wears Nike, Sketchers or Puma trainers usually... or sports sandels - she has such tiny feet I think they are Hi-Tecs - she only goes up 1/2 a size per year! Most kids go up 2 or 3. I usually get bored and chuck them out before she's grown out of them. :)

I've had a few pairs of hitops before, but never Converse.

I saw a pair once though that had been turned into tap shoes - didn't think you could do that with a pair of sneakers.

well, when i saw a production of West Side Story, the actual one that tours, the Jets wore white chucks, and the Sharks wore black.
i couldnt tell if they'd been modified or not! lol.

Back