cool little cellphone

fury

Administrator
Staff member
tommyj27 said:
so, can you still make a telephone call on cell phones these days?
Nah, nobody does that these days. It's all text messaging and video phoning. Telephone call? What the hell, man, where've you been for the last 2 years? :D

tommyj27

Not really Banned
my phone has internet (i guess), but all it ever does is cost me money when it starts in my pocket

Mirlyn

tommyj27 said:
my phone has internet (i guess), but all it ever does is cost me money when it starts in my pocket
I hate that. My old phone had a keylock on it, but you could still press all the keys and somehow come up with a 9, repeat and come up with a 1, repeat again and come up with another 1, and then somehow hit Talk. Pretty soon the phone would ring with them calling back. Happend more than a few times. :tardbang:

Jon

Mirlyn said:
I hate that. My old phone had a keylock on it, but you could still press all the keys and somehow come up with a 9, repeat and come up with a 1, repeat again and come up with another 1, and then somehow hit Talk. Pretty soon the phone would ring with them calling back. Happend more than a few times. :tardbang:

Yeah most phones allow you to dial the emergencey services whilst the keylock is still on :)

Mirlyn

Jon said:
Yeah most phones allow you to dial the emergencey services whilst the keylock is still on :)

I can see why, but it got old after happening twice in one class period. Needless to say, the operators were less than amused.

AlphaTroll

One of my phones has all those extra little things that are supposed to make life easier - e-mail, internet, fax, camera etc etc etc. Thing is I only use the SMS & call facilities. Being able to take pictures with it is nice, but whenever I try mailing then from the stupid thing, they never seem to get where they're supposed to go :rolleyes: The menu isn't all that user friendly either (everytime I do a sim swap the messages etc go missing because the stupid phone doesn't save to sim, but to the actual phone - pretty fucked up), so I usually just use the other (read 'old') phone anyway.

I don't even know why there is an infrared thing on the phone - supposedly to play gams against the person sitting next to you - what's the damned point in that? If I wanted to play games I'd go to an arcade innit?

UnknowN_PT

The Nokia's have that option, and u can call for help numbers, but many mobile phones doesn't have that option (the oldest ones)
Buy one old mobile and u will not have that kinda problems LOL =P