Corsetry Question

Which one?

• Frederick's

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Authentic

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Well, it came in yesterday, and it's rather cute. There is boning all around it, and it's flexible, but still holds pretty well (as in, it's still pretty tight). I'm pretty happy with it right now, but then again, it's only one piece. The big deal is when it goes with the rest of the dress: chemise, pantaloons, stockings, hoops, a petticoat, and the dress itself.

Hopefully it won't fail me :)

Not bad at all...

gettysburg2.jpg

that is a really well composed picture, fluer. if it were in tin-type shades without the people milling in the background, i'd think it were from that era for sure. especially with the solemn faces.
and i love that dress!

nalani said:
Fluer, i LOVE that picture! Do you have more?

Yeah but I'm smiling and a dork. And in the ones from Gettysburg '05 I look cranky in one and like I'm sleeping in the other.

Gettysburg '04
Gettsyburg04.jpg
gettsyburg3.jpg
Gettysburg05.jpg

Gettysburg '05
gettys1.jpg
gettys3.jpg

Needless to say I have yet to get a truly perfect picture at re-enactment. But my day will come. One day I'm getting one at a plantation and greatness will develop :D

those are just amazing ... I never got 'into' the Civil War until I went to a museum in Georgia ... and that pic with you and the canon is, pun intended, THE BOMB!

nalani said:
those are just amazing ... I never got 'into' the Civil War until I went to a museum in Georgia ... and that pic with you and the canon is, pun intended, THE BOMB!

Well if you'd ever like to, I can tell you everything you'll need to be authentic and how to wear it. Just don't go and wear it in July like I do because it's brutal.

I tried on a bustier today...could I breath? Not so much...Did I look hot? HELL YES!

I am considering buying it for my company christmas party

For the record the one I tried on was silver with black lace over it so not see through in anyway and cut similar to this one...but with even more boob coverage and it laced up in the back and had eyelet hooks like on a bra on the front (with black overlapping behind them so the only skin would be a bit at the back where the lace up is).

6465b.JPG

Back