Creepy

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Not breakable, do what I said. If you don't want to use panties, a pair of socks works well too. One stuffed in the top (not too tight) and the other over the outside.

All that jazz is packed already.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Did you think that you might want clean clothes for this morning?

I have a pair of pants and a hoodie and underwear left out.

Professur

No socks? What about your dirty clothes from last night? I'm guessing you're in PJs right now. Use them.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
No socks? What about your dirty clothes from last night? I'm guessing you're in PJs right now. Use them.

No I'm gonna wear sandals.

I'm in clothes right now, I knew I wasn't going to bed so I never got into PJs.

Professur

So, you're travelling today, on no sleep. Fucking brilliant move.

So you didn't wear socks yesterday either?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
So, you're travelling today, on no sleep. Fucking brilliant move.

So you didn't wear socks yesterday either?

I'm not driving...and it's 45min. I usually travel on no sleep though...before I go anywhere I don't sleep (unless I'm the driver).

Nope, wore sandals.

Professur

Nixy said:
I'm not driving...and it's 45min. I usually travel on no sleep though...before I go anywhere I don't sleep (unless I'm the driver).

Nope, wore sandals.

Do yourself a favour. Get outta that habit. I know, some people get all hepped up before travelling, but add in any excitement from seeing somewhere new to the fact that your already short on sleep, and you'll be falling over yourself come evening. Take it from someone who travels a lot. Even just an hour's sleep before heading out makes a huge difference.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Do yourself a favour. Get outta that habit. I know, some people get all hepped up before travelling, but add in any excitement from seeing somewhere new to the fact that your already short on sleep, and you'll be falling over yourself come evening. Take it from someone who travels a lot. Even just an hour's sleep before heading out makes a huge difference.

I usually sleep in the car or on the plane...

Professur

You'd sleep better in your bed. In a car, you won't get to REM sleep, which is what you need to reset your internal clock.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
You'd sleep better in your bed. In a car, you won't get to REM sleep, which is what you need to reset your internal clock.

Even if I get an REM sleep at home I'd still fall asleep in the car (no matter how un-tired I am I sleep on long trips) and that screws up my clock anyway.

Professur

Nixy said:
Even if I get an REM sleep at home I'd still fall asleep in the car (no matter how un-tired I am I sleep on long trips) and that screws up my clock anyway.

Road hypnosis. I recommend heavily against taking long drives alone.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Road hypnosis. I recommend heavily against taking long drives alone.

If I'm behind the wheel I don't have a problem. It's when I'm not driving that's the issue.

Although I wouldn't like to take long trips alone cause I'd get lonely. I CAN stay awake, I did all the way to Montreal when we went in March.

Professur

Nixy said:
If I'm behind the wheel I don't have a problem. It's when I'm not driving that's the issue.

Yes, as a matter of fact, you do. It's less evident because you've something to focus on. But it's still there. Fortunately, it's not actually tiredness. It's something you can shake off with frequent rest stops.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Yes, as a matter of fact, you do. It's less evident because you've something to focus on. But it's still there. Fortunately, it's not actually tiredness. It's something you can shake off with frequent rest stops.

I like stopping for Timmy's coffee!

I also like having many mixed CDs when I'm driving incase the radio fails to produce suitable driving music.

Inkara1

Professur said:
Didn't think so. Now go to your room and think about this, young lady. I've got to go buy some edge trim to replace what I smashed this morning.

Edge trim for the car? What did you smash this morning? Trailer push your vehicle so it couldn't stop in time again?

Professur

Actually, it's edge trim at the top of the stair. V2.0 was up to her usual morning antics, and pushed too far, and something was gonna get broke. I opted for taking it out on the baby gate at the stair rather than her. The gate was fairly easy to reconstruct. The wall is gonna take a little longer to fix.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Actually, it's edge trim at the top of the stair. V2.0 was up to her usual morning antics, and pushed too far, and something was gonna get broke. I opted for taking it out on the baby gate at the stair rather than her. The gate was fairly easy to reconstruct. The wall is gonna take a little longer to fix.

My dad once threw a chair.