ctrl+alt+del

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Won't work...anyone have any ideas why?

Nothing happens when I try to do it...

I want my list of running programs and processes damn it!

No, I'm not on a MAC and I tried the start>run thing...says that another program is using the file *stares blankly*

Well.....
Download + install WhoLockMe(google), find -> taskmgr.exe -> rightclick -> 'Who Lock Me?' -> remove the locking process from your autostart registry key (run->regedit->HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run->remove offending application) -> reboot
Done.

It was a virus...I got rid of the virus...all is good now...thanks to everyone for your ideas.

When I did that it said it was in use by another program...that is how I found out it was a virus...when I told my bf he immediately said "Virus"

Nixy said:
When I did that it said it was in use by another program...that is how I found out it was a virus...when I told my bf he immediately said "Virus"
that's always my first answer, half the time i'm right and it's much easier than actually thinking about the problem.

tommyj27 said:
that's always my first answer, half the time i'm right and it's much easier than actually thinking about the problem.

heh, lucky you. 95% of the time there's something wrong with the user, which is a lot harder to solve.
viruses are easy, but i rarely have those to solve...they're the easiest 'solution' you can give actually.

Shadowfax said:
heh, lucky you. 95% of the time there's something wrong with the user, which is a lot harder to solve.
viruses are easy, but i rarely have those to solve...they're the easiest 'solution' you can give actually.

There are users out there who don't know how to use ctrl+alt+del??? :lloyd:

I test each and every key individually...suprisingly everyone's first suggestion was "use the other alt and ctrl keys" and I was like "All the keys WORK, I tried them!" I was kinda offended that people thought I was THAT blonde!

Back