Cultural unity

flavio said:
If they are unable to obtain a green card the choice may be live in extreme poverty for life or come here illegally and make something decent out of your life. I can't blame them for striving to better themselves.

Striving to better yourself is one thing. Breaking a law to do it is something else entirely. My neighbor has a huge DLP HDTV in his living room. I can't afford it, so, by your reasoning, I can't be blamed for breaking into his home and watching his TV...even if I do nothing else.

flavio said:
Just because they were born on a different piece of dirt than I was shouldn't really entitle them to less than me. That's just bad luck.

I never said that. It's also of no importance on the matter of illegally entering the country. We didn't put them in that position, either. Just because we have something they don't, it doesn't entitle them to share without our agreement.

flavio said:
Obviously it takes some ambition to ride on the top of a train from Central America to the US in order to find a decent job.

So why don't you give them yours, if you feel so strongly about it? Let them move in with you, too?

Gato_Solo said:
Striving to better yourself is one thing. Breaking a law to do it is something else entirely. My neighbor has a huge DLP HDTV in his living room. I can't afford it, so, by your reasoning, I can't be blamed for breaking into his home and watching his TV...even if I do nothing else.

This isn't HDTV. There's mothers who have to choose between prostitution or coming to the US in order to feed their children.

We didn't put them in that position, either. Just because we have something they don't, it doesn't entitle them to share without our agreement.

Imagine there are two villages. One has lakes, fertile land, and generally doing well. The other village is hit by a drought and children are starving. If people want to come to the first village so they can feed their children I wouldn't blame them.

They wouldn't be blamed
they would be killed

get real

there isn't any other country on earth
that doesn't enforce its borders

if we keep this up

we won't be a country much longer

Yeah yeah if my country is good and yours is crap

and you illegally come to mine and demand that
it be turned to crap and I complain

certainly I'm the one in the wrong

the upcoming protest:

"A day without mess-kins"

I say if anyone of them doesn't show up for work should be fired
and if illegal deported too!

"A day without Mexicans is like a day without …."

Unemployment
Higher Taxes
Armed Robbery
Welfare Fraud
Street Gangs

HomeLAN said:
I'd respond to ya minkey, but I don't need to. Everyone else with half a clue has already shown your complete lack of logical argument, or indeed a cogent point.

no, please, rip my argument to shreds. why don't you re-state the argument that i'm making (i'm curious myself) and then whack it point by point.

cuz i haven't seen anyone respond coherently to much that i've said. there's been a few kneejerks like "it's that law," some misinformation about a literacy test to which my counterpoint remains 'unrebutted,' and some totally incoherent shit about "lazy" and "self gratification" that is even more muddled now than when chcr first brought up those, um, "points?"

let me re-state a few of the things you shoulda taken away from my posts:

1. i don't think it should be so hard to immigrate to the US
2. it would be nice to get everybody's name at the border i.e. easier legal/registered immigration
3. it's right to disagree with shitty laws and protest them, rather than coceding "it's illegal" and living life as a check-mailing pussy
4. a lot of our ancestors didn't have to do much to get into this country and i don't think we should hold mexicans to a higher standard

ultimately i was just raising a few point, and not trying to make any kind of extended argument or 'policy,' so whatever....

Just because they were born on a different piece of dirt than I was shouldn't really entitle them to less than me.

Those who don't understand are the ones who make all the noise.

Let's break it down to a simple set of facts you can work with.

You have a computer & a PSP. Roberto, the illegal alien migrant farmworker poor guy who is just looking to better his life, doesn't.

Roberto, the illegal alien migrant farmworker poor guy who is just looking to better his life, walks into your house & takes your computer & PSP, because you have one & after all, the door was unlocked...plus, you're a rich Amreican & can afford another.

A country is akin to a really really big house.

Get it yet?

2minkey said:
that's a bullshit analogy. they want to work, not steal.

Yep, the computer, PSP, and house part doesn't work so well either. I'll fix it.

Roberto comes to my town and does some really hard low paying work so he can buy some food and shoes for his daughter.

but his daughter watches too much MTV and gets knocked up and has her baby on the taxpayers dime who although he's born in the US is a Mess-kin and never learns to speak American and doesn't do well in school
and propagates a permanent under-class which continues to fuel the capitalist dream

and the beat goes on, on the street

Oh, for fucks sake...here, is this better?

Recently, large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is – finally – addressing the issue of illegal immigration. Certain people are angry that the U.S. might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely. Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.

Let’s say I break into your house. Let’s say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave.

“But,” I say, “I’ve made all the beds, washed the dishes, done the laundry and swept the floors; I’ve done all the things you don’t like to do. I’m hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).”

According to the protesters, not only must you let me stay, you must add me to your family’s insurance plan and provide other benefits to me and my family (my husband will do your yardwork because he, too, is hard-working and honest, except for that breaking-in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends, who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my right to be there. It’s only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do and I’m just trying to better myself. I’m hard-working and honest – um, except for – well, you know.

And what a deal it is for me. I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there’s nothing you can do about it without being accused of selfishness, prejudice and being anti-housebreaker.

Did I miss anything? Does this sound reasonable to you?

If it does, grab a sign and go picket something.

If this sounds insane to you, call your senators and enlighten them because they are stumbling in the darkness right now and really need your help.

2minkey said:
that's a bullshit analogy. they want to work, not steal.

Not steal? Ben to a ER recently? They're the reason most of them are closing? How about demanding our welfare? How about driving around uninsured. How about the fact that 29% of the currently jailed felons are ILLEGAL ALIENS.

They do steal.

Gonz said:
Not steal? Ben to a ER recently? They're the reason most of them are closing? How about demanding our welfare? How about driving around uninsured. How about the fact that 29% of the currently jailed felons are ILLEGAL ALIENS.

They do steal.

yeah i was in an ER last week to get a gerbil removed...

hey at least we got some of them stealing fuckers in jail, eh? hah hah.

driving unisured is more indicative of being poor than being mexican. so is getting welfare. maybe we should just get 'em all jobs at wal-mart?

Gonz said:
Oh, for fucks sake...here, is this better?

No, they're not breaking into your house and washing your dishes. They are going from one piece of dirt where they can't feed their kids to another where people are offering to pay them to work hard.

If there was a way for them to do it legally then they could pay taxes.

we are well aware, that you aren't sure of anything
============================
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has
been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his
birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be
remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to
come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always
fair, and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more
than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not children, are
in charge). His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned
but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy
charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from
school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding
an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job
they themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It
declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to
administer Panadol, sun lotion or a band-aid to a student; but, could not
inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an
abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became
contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better
treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar
in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live after a woman failed to
realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her
lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his
wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is
survived by three stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else is to Blame,
and I'm A Victim. Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he
was gone.

The displays turned off many Americans.

As opposed to????

Ye know, possibly the only thing worse than a bunch of Mexican immigrants marching down the street would be seeing a bunch of yanks with hard ons running after them :rolleyes:

well we never gunned down all the blacks in this country

so I seriously doubt the illegals have anything to worry about

now if (when) the A-Rabs light off a nuke in one of our cities

I dunno...

flavio said:
No, they're not breaking into your house and washing your dishes. They are going from one piece of dirt where they can't feed their kids to another where people are offering to pay them to work hard.

If there was a way for them to do it legally then they could pay taxes.
Look up the word METAPHOR. It may save time & thread sapce.

There is a way for them to do it legally. The illegal aliens chose to ignore that way, stepping around tens of thousands of legitimate immigrants who chose to do it legally, bypassing the established system & breaking our laws, making them criminals. I don't want criminals as new citizens. They break the law.

Back