Dear Journal...

Not only did she use Y'all, but ain't and dang as well.

Next thing you know, she'll be fixin cheese grits and hushpuppies. :D

"Dang, I ain't had no cheese grits and hushpuppies in a coon's age. Y'all want some?"

No one in their right mind flies outta Montreal right now. Between security fees, airport improvement fees, airport taxes, etc, their adding about $50 to every ticket. I can get a $79 flight from Montreal to Toronto, but it'll cost me nearly $200 to fly.

Cheese grits? Bite your tongue,

Cheese grits are for yankees who can't handle the real thing - drowned in butter and pepper.

Cheese grits are for yankees who can't handle the real thing - drowned in butter and pepper.

For breakfast plain grits with pepper and butter is the only way to go, but if you're gonna have a decent fish fry you have to go with cheese grits. I was born and raised in the south and I've never been to a fish fry that didn't have cheese grits.

What the hell are grits, anyways? The only grit I know of is sand.

Ground corn.

hehehe ... y'all are hella phunny. Actually, I've been using words like "y'all" and "dang" my whole life cause my daddy was from Texas.

Well, here I am in Milwaukee .. Rob dropped me off yesterday *sigh* ... I'm surrounded by educators that don't wanna go take the Miller Brewery Tour with me :( .. they suck.

Me and Rob went through Kentucky and, I know y'all are about to lose all respect for us, be we stayed in a dry county that was surrounded by dry counties ... :eek: I know ... I was shocked too .. I've never even heard of a "dry county" up until that point ... I can't believe they exist. Everyone in town looked at me and Rob as if they knew we were "outsiders" ... it was like we walked into the middle of a Stephen King novel. But we had a great time .. I found lots of Garmon headstones in several cemeteries .. I couldn't have done any of it without Rob. He even let me drive through Illinois! The country side of the continent is so beautiful. I can't wait to come back. I'm already planning another family-finding trip with my kids. That should be interesting. I can hear my son now "dang - all this water and I can't go diving for reef fish and I can't surf? How useless is that?" :D

Alrighty - time for me to act professional. Though this is the Beer capital of the midwest, there are two places I'd really rather be right now ... *sigh*

Wish me luck ... pray that I don't bitchslap any of these whiteys :D

Lemme guess. The two places are 1) an island in the pacific, and 2) anywhere else but there.

Thanks . I had this horrible idea that it was some sort of pig organ or summat.

Actually Professur, a good thing to have with grits is bacon or ham.

Some people like to cook their grits with a ham bone in the pot for flavor.

Them's good eatin'!

ok .. I'm beginning to like Milwaukee .. not as much as I liked Atlanta, mind you, but it's alright .. went to a bar last night ... us Hawai'i people were the last to leave, of course :D Gonna do the Miller Brewery thing late this afternoon with some people we met from Arizona and New York.

I love people who love beer :)

Originally posted by nalani
Gonna do the Miller Brewery thing late this afternoon with some people we met from Arizona and New York.

I love people who love beer :)

Miller ain't beer. :D

Originally posted by Professur
Well, free something

:p

They do have this honey ale that they make ... it's delicious ... don't know the name of it ... drank too damned much of it last night :D

oh my god, I am in no shape to be representing the educators of Hawai'i's youth *L*

We went to this Jazz in the Park thing last night ... it was hella cool ... drank a little too much, but as if that wasn't enough, we met some people in the park and they invited us to join them at this Karaoke Bar called "the New Yorker Bar" ... dang, if that wasn't the MOST FUN! Once again for the second night in a row out here in Milwaukee, the bartender had to request that we go home so he could close up *L* ... We sang and sang and sang and never spent a dime on any drinks - that's what I love ... *holding a sign around my neck that says "will sing for beer"* hehehehe ... I sooo love Milwaukee ... got back to the hotel in enough time to jump in the shower, brush my teeth (several times), down a pot of coffee and hit it to the conference *L*

oh my god, I am in no shape to be representing the educators of Hawai'i's youth *L*

We went to this Jazz in the Park thing last night ... it was hella cool ... drank a little too much, but as if that wasn't enough, we met some people in the park and they invited us to join them at this Karaoke Bar called "the New Yorker Bar" ... dang, if that wasn't the MOST FUN! Once again for the second night in a row out here in Milwaukee, the bartender had to request that we go home so he could close up *L* ... We sang and sang and sang and never spent a dime on any drinks - that's what I love ... *holding a sign around my neck that says "will sing for beer"* hehehehe ... I sooo love Milwaukee ... got back to the hotel in enough time to jump in the shower, brush my teeth (several times), down a pot of coffee and hit it to the conference *L*

Back