Death Penalty Case

HomeLAN

PT said:
Get rid of cruel and unusual and you have prison guards torturing at will. They're almost as ethical as your local used car salesman. Basically a bunch of wannabe cops that weren't able to pass the test to become a cop.

Goodness. Bad experience?

Last time I checked, torture was still against both departmental regulations and the law in pretty much every jurisdiction. You got guards using torture, throw them into the next cell.

All I'm saying is that the phrase "cruel and unusual punishment" is both repetitious and used as a base for frivolous actions. A punishment is, by definition, both cruel and unusual. Thus, it's repetitious. In addtion, this one little illogical phrase has been used time and time again by hardened criminals looking to game the system and reduce their richly earned punishments. Drop it entirely.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
HomeLAN said:
Goodness. Bad experience?
Not really, just know a few.
Last time I checked, torture was still against both departmental regulations and the law in pretty much every jurisdiction. You got guards using torture, throw them into the next cell.

All I'm saying is that the phrase "cruel and unusual punishment" is both repetitious and used as a base for frivolous actions. A punishment is, by definition, both cruel and unusual. Thus, it's repetitious. In addtion, this one little illogical phrase has been used time and time again by hardened criminals looking to game the system and reduce their richly earned punishments. Drop it entirely.
That's what I'm saying though, if you drop it entirely then there are prison guards out there that will use that to their defense. Define it, not drop it.

AlphaTroll

Round these parts I reckon the prisoners wuld be the first to ask for the death penalty back - may just be quite a relief from the hell that is Pollsmoor or C-Max :shrug: I for one would rather be killed than repeatedly raped by people who are HIV positive (inmates call that death penalty btw) or being raped with things like bottlenecks etc etc etc.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
BTW...Cruel and unusual as compared to what? Thats the jist of the argument...once you get past that, you can put in an 'express lane'.