Debate last night

Enter Joe the Plumber:

large_joe.jpg

"It's not that I want to punish your success," Obama said. "I just want to make sure that everybody who is behind you -- that they've got a chance at success, too."

At a later point in the discussion, Obama said: "I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody....

;)

To bad he asked a hpothetical question, and would still actually get tax cuts.

What I found sad was joe was mentioned more than Iraq or the economy

Both these guys are now just pandering to voters.

Joe the plumber isn't the 'average American' - yes, he works a lot, but $280k/year isn't average. If Joe earned $40k - I think that his argument re: Obama's tax plan would sound far better.

Joe the plumber isn't the 'average American' - yes, he works a lot, but $280k/year isn't average. If Joe earned $40k - I think that his argument re: Obama's tax plan would sound far better.

household income of >$150k per year is the top 3%, and is typically the last or highest category that demographers pay attention to.

there is absolutely no question that obama's tax plan is better for the vast majority of americans. it's simple math.

both of um lost*piss2*

Oh yeah? Maybe I'll check out that Barr thing you linked to yesterday and see what he had to say.

edit: Ok, i thought I'd put it on and listen while I work but the thing doesn't work anymore. Is there a stream of it somewhere?

In an interview with Diane Sawyer, he said he didn't make $250k a year - far from it. He said his question was hypothetical and feels that if he works harder and makes more money that he shouldn't be punished. He also said that it opens the doors for Obama to lower the scale to affect to the $150k earners citing , "well, they have money too .. they should pay more".

In an interview with Diane Sawyer, he said he didn't make $250k a year - far from it. He said his question was hypothetical and feels that if he works harder and makes more money that he shouldn't be punished. He also said that it opens the doors for Obama to lower the scale to affect to the $150k earners citing , "well, they have money too .. they should pay more".
We have a reverse grade taxation... the more you earn, the higher percentage of your salary goes towards taxes..to a point.

Protects the poor, not the rich.

Hey Cat I listened to that last nigth for about 30 minutes. The sound quality was bad, Barr was having technical difficulties getting the debate to play on his screen, and you couldn't pause the stream.

Too bad he couldn't get just a little slicker presentation going.

On what I did hear it was about what I expected. Really like some of his stances, really don't like others. *shrug*

Just about like Ron Paul, but Paul seems more interesting. How do you think Barr campares to Paul?

household income of >$150k per year is the top 3%, and is typically the last or highest category that demographers pay attention to.

there is absolutely no question that obama's tax plan is better for the vast majority of americans. it's simple math.

He says 95% of Americans will get a tax cut, but 30% of Americans pay no income taxes. How does 95%=70%?

His version of a "tax cut" is not letting you keep more of what you earn, but to create or expand government handouts---AKA Welfare. He calls them "tax credits"---you'd get a refund even if you have no tax liability---a federal check from tax payers to non-taxpayers.

"Senator Government's" ultimate goal is to get more people riding on the gravy train than pulling it. It's clear that his main goal is redistribution of wealth, not growth.

That's kind of dumb as Ayers has been scrutinized far more the the plumber. Starting back in the primary.

Also, since McCain mentioned the plumber about 20 times during the debate I'm not sure why anyone would expect him not to be looked at. McCain pretty much forced the media to take a look at him.

Hey Cat I listened to that last nigth for about 30 minutes. The sound quality was bad, Barr was having technical difficulties getting the debate to play on his screen, and you couldn't pause the stream.

Too bad he couldn't get just a little slicker presentation going.

On what I did hear it was about what I expected. Really like some of his stances, really don't like others. *shrug*

Just about like Ron Paul, but Paul seems more interesting. How do you think Barr compares to Paul?

both know what the situation Really is, and say so.
Their solutions are different in that Bob isn't quiiiiite as extreme about abolishing as many departments right off the bat.

Back