did you do it?

I never do it. And no one seems interested in putting it up by now.

never ever luis?
i always thought that the day after thanksgiving was the technical "it's not too early" day.

tonksy said:
never ever luis?
i always thought that the day after thanksgiving was the technical "it's not too early" day.

A couple times when I was a kid, and it was because I was forced to.

I might get a little fake tree to put on top of the record player or something. I'll probably head to my parents' place in the morning or something and open presents there.

Since we threw away our artificial tree a couple of years ago (it was more than 25 years old) we haven't gotten a new one, and this place is enough of a mess without one.

nooooooo it would be losing needles like MAD by Christmas!! We go real all the way!

We're going to cut it on Dec 18 :)

Stop Laughing said:
Since we threw away our artificial tree a couple of years ago (it was more than 25 years old) we haven't gotten a new one, and this place is enough of a mess without one.
My parents' artificial tree is pushing 40 and still going strong. The box lasted a good 35 years. But now, it's in a lawn mower box.

It was thrown out when we were cleaning out the whole house a few years ago, not because there was anything wrong with it. Even if we hadn't thrown out the tree itself, most of the other decorations for it or parts of it were probably being tossed anyways and we just decided getting rid of it wouldn't hurt. We don't host anyone for the holidays anyways.

My parents' tree is actually pretty nice. All the branches are color-coded so you put the right length branches in the right holes in the center dowel. The center is six feet tall, and that's comprised of a pair of three-foot sections, meaning you can have either a 6 1/2-foot tree or a 3 1/2-foot tree.

Back