did you do it?

Our one Christmas together, Brandi and I bought a live tree from a lot around the corner. I made sure to keep it watered, and surprisingly it didn't drop very many needles at all.

My birthday is Nov 30. It's always between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Ever since I was a kid, I requested that we wait until after the 30th to put out any Christmas stuff. I felt overlooked. Guess I shoulda called Oprah or something...

So in that grand tradition, our household still waits until at least December 1 to put any Christmas stuff out. We likely won't put our own tree up until this weekend at the earliest. The house is cluttered enough.

I decorated my little tiny fake christmas tree that I have here at my apartment last night...it's a foot tall :D

I'll prolly put the lights I have to go in the window up later this week :)

Probably won't put ours up until the 23rd, as usual. I don't see why we leave it so late anyways I mean it's only a fake 3ft tall thing :\

i've got my bric-a-brac out around the house...use to look like alot more though :/
i've been meaning to try and get to the thrift shops...their christmas craft pickings should be ripe.

Raven said:
Probably won't put ours up until the 23rd, as usual. I don't see why we leave it so late anyways I mean it's only a fake 3ft tall thing :\

I love Christmas but the decorations don't half clutter the place up... and attract dust... and are a fire hazard... and if you're like my family don't match the existing decor... (Well... not until I took over as chief decorator about 10 years ago)

We normally put ours up on the weekend we used to break up for the Christmas hols from school.. about the 18th December... we still do.

First off, I'm kinda surprised that Gato isn't here to point his finger at all you tree murderers :D

... and now that that's been said ...

My hubby said he'll go cut our tree sometime this week :santabng:

kuulani said:
First off, I'm kinda surprised that Gato isn't here to point his finger at all you tree murderers :D

... and now that that's been said ...

Because I'm holding a silent vigil for those poor, departed souls...:mope:

kuulani said:

ooohh .. will he take Brada on their tree stealing .. errr.. umm.. hunting expedition again this year? :D

*gropes Gato to make it all better* :brow:

*edited because I haven't been here in so long, I forgot how to make smilies show up*

nalani said:
*gropes Gato to make it all better* :brow:

*edited because I haven't been here in so long, I forgot how to make smilies show up*

Sorry, Na, but it's not the same kind of wood...:brow:

nalani said:
ooohh .. will he take Brada on their tree stealing .. errr.. umm.. hunting expedition again this year? :D

Brada should go ask him when he's planning on going. He said sometime this week, but he's also on babysitting duty 'cause the sitter has strep :(

Back