dietary supplements

kuulani

Today I started taking Glucosamine Chondroitin to help my creaky dancer's knees. What kind of supplements, if any, do you people take? :D

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I take Mega Man vitamins occasionally, but only when I notice I'm not feeling up to par. Seems to aid the healing process some.

greenfreak

I've always had digestion problems so I drink an Ensure with FOS daily and have oatmeal in the afternoon. Besides that, I don't take any vitamins.

unclehobart

Thats only 2/3 of it... and I really just put it up for shock effect. What youre looking at is all of the materials I take when I'm healthy enough to do so serious weight training. The only thing I really do on a full time daily basis is the multivitamin on the bottom left and the DHEA in the center.

A better question would be: What in the hell did all of that junk cost?

unclehobart

53 pills and 5 scoops on a psycho day the last time I was gung ho. ...and I do glucosamine as well... I just surrendered my last bottle to my grandad a litte while back and havent replaced it.

I should have put the Advil in that pile as well since weight trainers consider it to be the indespensible vitamin I.

kuulani

So is this glucosamine that I'm popping really gonna help my knees. Somedays I can't even walk up/down stairs :(

unclehobart

Yes it most absolutely is. It repaired my busted out rotator cuff in a matter of 6 months for what was supposed to be permanent damage. My moms best friend is an 80 y/o woman who had crippling arthritis in her shoulders and could barely touch them. It cleaned her up and made her as nimble as she was 30 years ago in a matter of 90 days. The thing with glucosamine is that it takes about 2 months to get any noticable effect from it... but once it starts kicking in... whoa momma!

I'm sure Cato can give it a few kudos as well. He takes the stuff by the fistfull to combat all manner of car wreck and botched surgery ills. If it were not for glucosamine I dare say he would probably be in a wheelchair.

BlurOfSerenity

daily multivitamin, and a calcium supplement.

i just dont take mine as often as i prolly ought.

but check out these bruises!! *displays*:headbang:

dutchmaster

take centrum daily. used to take xenadrine for lifting.. it was decent. took hydroxycut, which is bad. makes you too wired and eventually you'll loose sleep.

tommyj27

Not really Banned
i take a mulitvitamin, sometimes. about the only i take it is when i happen to be going through the cupboard and notcie the bottle sitting there.

HomeLAN

Glucosamine rocks. It takes a few weeks to set in, and you've got to keep up with it, but God only knows where my right knee would be if I didn't take it.