Dieting - a 7-letter 4-letter word

MrBishop

getfuzzy2052269030715.gif

Dieting can be a pain in the ass...especially when you're dieting for your health instead of just aesthetic reasons. If you have to lose weight because you can't fit in that dress anymore...you have a goal. If you have to go on a diet, not because you're overweight but because you're sick, dieting can be a chore. I am on a diet...I can't eat anything which is difficult to digest.

no Corn on the cob
no Peanuts/nuts/seeds
no broccoli/spinach/green veggies
no spices
no alcohol
no uncooked veggies
no fruits with the skin (peel everything)
no fat/salt
no red-meat
no turkey

NO FUN!!!

So...I don't need to lose weight, I feel fine in my own skin...but I have to diet. Grrrrrr. Everything I LOVE to eat...gone! Again!

Why? Because I have a test in 2 weeks and I can't foul up the test with hard to digest foods.

Anyone else have Diet stories they're willing to share?

I'm sorry, I'm busy eating my Hardees 1/2 lb angus thickburger right now.......I'll get back to ya *poke*

I lost my belly a few months back, it was just a matter of willing to do it.

This might sound silly, but if you have a hard time losing weight because you can't "will" yourself to eat right or exercise properly, you might check out The Smart Technique. I use the cd's and have really noticed a difference in my weight, energy level, and overall ease of eating right - I actually want to drink water instead of high-sugar drinks.

Anyway, I've lost 18 pounds so far, and kept them off, since April. I've still a few more to go to reach my goal, but all in all I've never been happier about myself.

While you're (Mr Bishop) reasons are different for a diet, the cd's might be able to help you find and enjoy foods that are easier to process instead of continually craving what you can't have. But don't forget to keep fiber in your diet. It's a person's best friend. *nods*

Spot said:
GI problems suck. sorry to hear that Bish.
hope the test goes ok.

So far...I've had two tests. Radium xray (drink this sir and stand still...ooh, think about food...don't eat any...just enough to salivate). and the lower intestinal colonoscopy (PAINFUL!!!).

Plus blood tests etc...this test is a full colonoscopy...Joy!

It's weird...I eat well, I excersise, I'm a big guy( 6" 200lbs), but not overweight (under 4% body fat)....yeah, I smoke.

Must be stress.

Rose: It's not that kind of diet...I'm not losing weight, I'm just limited as to what I am allowed to eat...similar to Diabetics have to control their appetites.

any family members with the same problems?

if the scope was painful, tell them and ask for more drugs. no reason you you should be that uncomfortable during the procedure.

PrincessLissa said:
I don't diet. I was aneroxic in high school tho.

Anorexia nervosa...that's a nasty but familiar theme these days.

I don't have any family with GI problems...just an ex-wife with Crohns ... now, that's abd!

MrBishop said:
Rose: It's not that kind of diet...I'm not losing weight, I'm just limited as to what I am allowed to eat...similar to Diabetics have to control their appetites.

Ah yes. I misunderstood the first post, but now understand. Respectfully, I hope all goes well. :D

alex said:
I'm sorry, I'm busy eating my Hardees 1/2 lb angus thickburger right now.......I'll get back to ya *poke*
Those things suck. Truly disappointing. :mope:

Then again, the Pwnwich spoiled me... :D

Sucks, Bish. When I found out I was diabetic a few years ago, that really sucked too. Mostly I miss the copious amounts of beer.

Spot said:
if the scope was painful, tell them and ask for more drugs. no reason you you should be that uncomfortable during the procedure.

Newsflash. No amount of drugs is ever gonna make having a camcorder shoved up your ass comfortable.

Professur said:
Newsflash. No amount of drugs is ever gonna make having a camcorder shoved up your ass comfortable.

'tisn't the camcorder Prof...it's the 30psi of air they pump up there to get 'the right shot'. They have a little air-pump on a generator...sounds like a 747's landed up you ass....chugga-chugga-chugga...

THe only good part is the MONSTER 10-minute fart that you lay afterwards.

Can you imagine....10 minutes of E-Flat minor ? The look on people's faces as you walk out of the hospital.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OMG! Dude are you serious did you walk out with that still going??

:rofl4:

I almost got bollocked then for reading this and laughing so much!!!

MrBishop said:
'tisn't the camcorder Prof...it's the 30psi of air they pump up there to get 'the right shot'. They have a little air-pump on a generator...sounds like a 747's landed up you ass....chugga-chugga-chugga...

THe only good part is the MONSTER 10-minute fart that you lay afterwards.

Can you imagine....10 minutes of E-Flat minor ? The look on people's faces as you walk out of the hospital.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:rofl4: :rofl4: :rofl4:

:lol:

OMG!

:rofl2: :rofl3:

fury said:
Those things suck. Truly disappointing. :mope:

Then again, the Pwnwich spoiled me... :D

Fuckers. Hardee's closed here long ago.

However, I went into one in IA over the week of the 4th and was dissapointed. They aren't what they used to be.

Back