Dinner at the compound

chatty kathy

WE....the drivers had our Thanksgiving feast at the compound today.....all brought a covered dish.....It was very nice that people you work with could celebrate and pray like this ....then we finished our afternoon work and done for the week.....It was a great day for all!! wish that the peace and harmony could be like that all over....

A.B.Normal

Leslie said:
*thought na or ku'u started this thread :lol:
Was thinking the same thing ,or at least a "Family " member.

It was very nice that people you work with could celebrate and pray like this ....

Hey ,don't you work for the County? better watch for the thought police. :lol2:

chatty kathy

A.B.Normal said:

Yes I work for Charlotte County....we were at the compound....thats where we work out of....lol

Dave

there is a food list posted in the locker room at work for thanksgiving. the staff usually does that on major holidays

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
A.B.Normal said:

:lloyd:

Compound and pray in the same sentence even :alienhuh:

chatty kathy

Leslie said:
I stay home with my boys...so, yes, I suppose we do :lloyd:
good for you ....a stay at home mom....mine are all grown....I have always worked.....but now they are on their own......it gets very lonely at times.

chatty kathy

Spot said:
there is a food list posted in the locker room at work for thanksgiving. the staff usually does that on major holidays
thats what happened here ...everyone brings a covered dish.....the compound is where all the busses are kept.....its a huge place and the drivers have a very nice drivers room where cooking ....lounging....etc. can be done

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
thank you, kathy. I am doing my best to be around as long as possible...I won't be able to forever but I'm glad I can while they're still tiny little men.

chatty kathy

Leslie said:
thank you, kathy. I am doing my best to be around as long as possible...I won't be able to forever but I'm glad I can while they're still tiny little men.
yes! thats good.....my tiny little man will be 18 very shortly and mom had to cut his /her apron strings when he didnt want to live in FL. It broke my heart but I had to do what I felt was best for him.....so far he has been proving himself to be a big man.....all I can do is hope for the best that things stay this way......I get a call from him every night and a I love and miss you mom.....so do that and hold onto them while you can....

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
that's the best thing, setting them free and seeing how good a job you did, and whether they've been paying attention...glad it's going well for him so far :)

and I'm holding on as tight as I can...not too many years left before they start pulling away.

chatty kathy

Leslie said:
that's the best thing, setting them free and seeing how good a job you did, and whether they've been paying attention...glad it's going well for him so far :)

and I'm holding on as tight as I can...not too many years left before they start pulling away.
yes! I told him we gave you the tools to work with.....now its your time to use them.....time for bed here....cya

kuulani

Leslie said:
*thought na or ku'u started this thread :lol:

:lol: so did I!! :lol:

When I first saw the title, I thought, "is chatty kathy a member of The Family? :D

kathy, just to bring things up to speed, na & I live together on a 10-acre lot with my mother-in-law, and my 2 sisters-in-law ... which are na's aunty and cousins. there are 5 houses on that lot that we lovingly call "the compound". :D

chatty kathy

kuulani said:
:lol: so did I!! :lol:

When I first saw the title, I thought, "is chatty kathy a member of The Family? :D

kathy, just to bring things up to speed, na & I live together on a 10-acre lot with my mother-in-law, and my 2 sisters-in-law ... which are na's aunty and cousins. there are 5 houses on that lot that we lovingly call "the compound". :D
ahhhhh...nice to meet you! I guess I missed what was being said again....sorry everyone....I just have to get use to what is going on....and I also figured out that in a chat room its a little faster paced....so you kinda get the feeling of what is being said pretty quick...It will just take me a while so bare with me....lol

chatty kathy

kuulani said:
you must be a good mommy!!
well I tried to be....still I would have liked to have seen him stay here with us... but no matter what we always stay in touch...I miss all my children....I cant wait to see them again.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I moved away from my mommy just over a year ago. I went home for the summer and am only abour 40min away now but I usually go a few weeks at a time without seeing her. Then she comes out to make sure I am eatting and that my fridge is nice and stocked up. I love my mommy :D