Dinner at the compound

chatty kathy

WE....the drivers had our Thanksgiving feast at the compound today.....all brought a covered dish.....It was very nice that people you work with could celebrate and pray like this ....then we finished our afternoon work and done for the week.....It was a great day for all!! wish that the peace and harmony could be like that all over....

Leslie said:
*thought na or ku'u started this thread :lol:
Was thinking the same thing ,or at least a "Family " member.

It was very nice that people you work with could celebrate and pray like this ....

Hey ,don't you work for the County? better watch for the thought police. :lol2:

A.B.Normal said:

Yes I work for Charlotte County....we were at the compound....thats where we work out of....lol

there is a food list posted in the locker room at work for thanksgiving. the staff usually does that on major holidays

A.B.Normal said:

:lloyd:

Compound and pray in the same sentence even :alienhuh:

Leslie said:
I stay home with my boys...so, yes, I suppose we do :lloyd:
good for you ....a stay at home mom....mine are all grown....I have always worked.....but now they are on their own......it gets very lonely at times.

Spot said:
there is a food list posted in the locker room at work for thanksgiving. the staff usually does that on major holidays
thats what happened here ...everyone brings a covered dish.....the compound is where all the busses are kept.....its a huge place and the drivers have a very nice drivers room where cooking ....lounging....etc. can be done

thank you, kathy. I am doing my best to be around as long as possible...I won't be able to forever but I'm glad I can while they're still tiny little men.

Leslie said:
thank you, kathy. I am doing my best to be around as long as possible...I won't be able to forever but I'm glad I can while they're still tiny little men.
yes! thats good.....my tiny little man will be 18 very shortly and mom had to cut his /her apron strings when he didnt want to live in FL. It broke my heart but I had to do what I felt was best for him.....so far he has been proving himself to be a big man.....all I can do is hope for the best that things stay this way......I get a call from him every night and a I love and miss you mom.....so do that and hold onto them while you can....

that's the best thing, setting them free and seeing how good a job you did, and whether they've been paying attention...glad it's going well for him so far :)

and I'm holding on as tight as I can...not too many years left before they start pulling away.

Leslie said:
that's the best thing, setting them free and seeing how good a job you did, and whether they've been paying attention...glad it's going well for him so far :)

and I'm holding on as tight as I can...not too many years left before they start pulling away.
yes! I told him we gave you the tools to work with.....now its your time to use them.....time for bed here....cya

Leslie said:
*thought na or ku'u started this thread :lol:

:lol: so did I!! :lol:

When I first saw the title, I thought, "is chatty kathy a member of The Family? :D

kathy, just to bring things up to speed, na & I live together on a 10-acre lot with my mother-in-law, and my 2 sisters-in-law ... which are na's aunty and cousins. there are 5 houses on that lot that we lovingly call "the compound". :D

kuulani said:
:lol: so did I!! :lol:

When I first saw the title, I thought, "is chatty kathy a member of The Family? :D

kathy, just to bring things up to speed, na & I live together on a 10-acre lot with my mother-in-law, and my 2 sisters-in-law ... which are na's aunty and cousins. there are 5 houses on that lot that we lovingly call "the compound". :D
ahhhhh...nice to meet you! I guess I missed what was being said again....sorry everyone....I just have to get use to what is going on....and I also figured out that in a chat room its a little faster paced....so you kinda get the feeling of what is being said pretty quick...It will just take me a while so bare with me....lol

kuulani said:
you must be a good mommy!!
well I tried to be....still I would have liked to have seen him stay here with us... but no matter what we always stay in touch...I miss all my children....I cant wait to see them again.

I moved away from my mommy just over a year ago. I went home for the summer and am only abour 40min away now but I usually go a few weeks at a time without seeing her. Then she comes out to make sure I am eatting and that my fridge is nice and stocked up. I love my mommy :D

Back