DirecTV to Dish... Opinions?

Cerise

Ever seen that commercial where some guy is in the middle of a hurricane and he comes in the house and points to his big-ass TV and says: "Oh, look how dependable DirectTV is! I don't even lose a signal in this weather." Please. :rolleyes:

Inkara1

Why in the hell hasn't someone put up a subscription online TV service that features similar channel lineups? Is it a bandwidth issue? I know it could be done, but it could quickly probably outgrow itself perhaps?!? Anyone know any specifics?

That's basically what Verizon FiOS and AT&T Uverse TV are. They upgrade the lines to your home and you basically stream the digital TV data through your internet connection.

Cerise said:
Ever seen that commercial where some guy is in the middle of a hurricane and he comes in the house and points to his big-ass TV and says: "Oh, look how dependable DirectTV is! I don't even lose a signal in this weather." Please. :rolleyes:

Haven't been in a hurricane but my DirecTV signal has been reliable in all the weather that's been through here since I got the service in July 2007.

That's basically what Verizon FiOS and AT&T Uverse TV are. They upgrade the lines to your home and you basically stream the digital TV data through your internet connection.

Haven't been in a hurricane but my DirecTV signal has been reliable in all the weather that's been through here since I got the service in July 2007.

Yeah except those two services are area specific. I'm talking about something like Vonage, anywhere you get broadband....

Inkara1

I think it's area-specific because the lines into your house for U-verse or FiOS are capable of more than regular broadband and you need some heavy-duty bandwidth to be able to have several HDTVs and broadband internet at the same time and have it work acceptably.