Disappointed in some of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spirit said:
Imagine you're at a party. Someone brings thier child. He's 13. Do you respond to his "youthful"(read immature, ignorant, silly) remarks with belittlement or denigration? No. You either ignore it or chuckle along with him so he doesn't feel humiliated.
Such same kid at such a party would also not be going around threatening to shoot his elders and burn them and be so overtly insulting. I don't recall starting the schizm ... but I won't idly sit by and give him a free pass because of his claimed age. I treat everyone as they treat others on an individual basis. If they ignore me, I ignore them. If they are cordial with me, I will be cordial with them. If they ride my ass, I will ride their ass.

I agree with little components of pretty much everyones responses .. but certainly not all. You have to live with 'what goes around comes around'. If he wants to be treated with respect and dignity he has to earn it. We all start out at neutral ... and we all dig ourselves a little hole. Its up to him to climb out of it... to play nice and cordial and ask inquisitively in a nicer tone of voice.

This isnt a military boot camp or a biker bar. We arent predisposed to agressive responses. It has to be drwan out of us via being pushed about. It would be nice if it did all diffuse ... but this is human nature after all.

Q said:
maybe he's trying to figure out what the socio-educational benefit of a picture of two women kissing in a sexual manner and the conversation it would inspire, would be for a 13 y/o.
:rolleyes: You totally miss the point Q. If you could read what I wrote above, you will see that it's how we respond to him and his comments, and NOTHING to do with the content of the posts themselves.

Ardsgaine said:
Spirit's not asking us to clean up the board to give it a PG rating. She's just saying we shouldn't kick him quite so hard.
Thank you, Ards. Phew. Someone gets it.

but I did know what a condom was. I can't imagine any 13 y/o these days not knowing what one is. Don't they teach them about condoms in elementary school now?

I was asking what a ribbed condom was...
Bet they didn't teach you that in elementary school. ;)

maybe he's trying to figure out what the socio-educational benefit of a picture of two women kissing in a sexual manner and the conversation it would inspire, would be for a 13 y/o.

I actually did not post in that thread, knowing you would make a comment just like that...

Spirit, do you read ALL the posts, or just the ones you think might make your point??

Nice try. I read them all. Do you?

BTW, Q - you are one I am very disappointed in as to your treatment of Altron. I thought you were more mature than that.

Q said:
I do know why one person in particular does it. He thinks it encourages people to post...and it does...the problem is, it always ends up making a mess like this.

Thank you for your participation Ladies and Gentlemen...you have been the entertainment.

You know, I've been wondering about that myself. Not so much something that I deduced myself, but your reaction to Altron. He has gotten a hell of a lot more unprovoked ribbing than anyone else here. And because of the source of that ribbing, I wondered what the underlying reason might be and hoped there was one.

Anyone who's been at this board from the beginning probably knows what Q is inferring and about whom she is talking. As I've said before (in threads that were locked and taken from general view), using tactics like trolling or making alts to stir shit and claiming that it helps the board is pitiful and misguided. It's usually done for personal gain and no other reason.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find Altron is who I think he is. And if it is who I'm thinking, once again, the people who don't lie and stir shit are proved less important than the trolls by allowing them to remain.

Altron said:
but I did know what a condom was. I can't imagine any 13 y/o these days not knowing what one is. Don't they teach them about condoms in elementary school now?

That comment right there just makes me all the more suspicious. Apparently you do know what a ribbed condom is now, eh?

PuterTutor said:
Altron said:

That comment right there just makes me all the more suspicious. Apparently you do know what a ribbed condom is now, eh?

unclehobart told me :)

greenfreak said:
I wouldn't be at all surprised to find Altron is who I think he is. And if it is who I'm thinking, once again, the people who don't lie and stir shit are proved less important than the trolls by allowing them to remain.

<mysterious voice>And who do you think I am? </mysterious voice>

Am I sensing right, here? That more than one of you think it's someone else?

Q - do I owe you an apology? Do you know he's someone else? Am I completely blinded by the thought that he's not actually 13??

I'll be the first to apologize profusely to you guys if someone can tell me the truth about Altron.

This is hardly 'chaos'. Everyone seems to have some sort of reasonable point. But I think what Spirit was originally saying is that when you respond to a 13 y/o, you have to bear a lot of things in mind...and that the result of that thinking should be a response that would not simply serve to satisfy your own annoyance at the kid.

Because that's why people are taking the piss out of him. It's frustrating having someone that young because they say things that we all might find silly. But what you have to get, is that taking the piss isn't gonna get him anywhere, and isn't gonna make him understand more.

Squiggy you made a good point about there being little option. But still...if there is a 'best' option then go for it. Ignoring a person who's annoying you is the most sensible thing to do, and better for everybody.

Is it just me or did Altron's recent posts in this thread suddenly seem to take on a much more mature aire? :confuse3:

Altron said:

So you knew what a condom was, but couldn't figure out that a ribbed condom was a condom with ribs? You didn't ask what a ribbed condom looked like, you asked what it was...

altron said:
Bet they didn't teach you that in elementary school.

No, but I grew up before the AIDS epidemic, and before it became popular to teach sex ed to small children. Still, I knew what a French Tickler was by the time I was your age, and I led a fairly sheltered life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back