Diversity remains a one way street

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thulsa Doom said:
You dont really sound like a true creationist actually. you sound more like a christian who has no issue with evolution but doesnt know how the whole thing started. nothing wrong with that point of view at all. many creationists, on the other hand, reject evolution out of hand for fear it goes against what the bible says. when, in fact, it seems to me a smart god would create natural processies to bring "his creation" to fruition.

1. Evolution is a theory. That means that someone has to have a true elief in their facts to change it from a hypothesis to a theory. Note that word belief.
2. Creation is a belief. If you don't believe, then what's the point in arguing over it?
3. Theories are changed all the time, including the theory of evolution, so your belief in the 'facts' of evolution are no more reliable than my belief in Creation. :shrug:

horse.gif

Professur said:
Hold the phone a minute. Prove it. Not national geographic. Not NASA. You. Prove it. Right now.

while not directed at me I tihnk I said this somewhere else in another thread. Not sure if you will count it but I will try

doesnt all the fossils, ages of animals, erosion, etc prove ALONE that the Earth is thousands of years old let alone a day

Science is a wonderful thing. But in the end ... it's just another belief.

Whats your Humour?

4 humours

Humours1.GIF

Sanguine=
(weather)hot, moist
(element)air
(temperament)Optimistic
red-cheeked, corpulent, irresponsible

Choleric=
hot, dry
fire
Short-tempered, red-haired, thin, ambitious

Phlegmatic
=
cold, moist
water
Sluggish, pallid, corpulent, lazy

Melancholic=
cold, dry
earth
Introspective, sallow, thin​

this was considered top science too FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS :lol:

Then again, you only need to look at the thousands of Gods that various civilisations have sworn to over the years, for instance:

the aztecs
"believed that the Gods needed constant supplies of fresh blood otherwise they'd wither and die. Which is why the entire culture was built around human sacrifice. It was practically a charity gore-a-thon on the Gods' behalf. People queued up to donate their life and even played charity football matches for the honor".
and the egyptians thought that:
"Cats were considered to be sacred creatures. They were mummified, and this was done with the utmost respect. No vivisection was involved, which is probably more than you can say for the humans.

Having invented mummification, the Egyptians were very much into otherworldly preparations. This is not surprising as the many Gods of Judgment and Death were waiting on the other side and would be most insulted if a soul turned up looking scruffy.

The messy business of burial was looked after by a whole subset of undertaker Gods. These were in charge of embalming - and handled many bits not normally on public view..."

http://www.godchecker.com/

checkitooouuut :brow:

Gonz said:
Leeches are back in style, big time.

Yeah I heard that.

Put yourself back then though: would you want to be treated for an allergy or some other "diagnosis" by putting leeches on your back to drain the "impure" blood out?

freako104 said:
ok then give us a shape ;) I believe it is round due to the timezones and the rotation of it.

Gee...and ruin the suspense? Besides...You're thinking of round, as in diameter at the equator. I'm talking 'basic' shape, if looked at from above. ;)

It's round at the equator... but if you split it in half the other way, at the prime meridian and 180 degrees longitude, the earth would be an oval.

Inkara1 said:
It's round at the equator... but if you split it in half the other way, at the prime meridian and 180 degrees longitude, the earth would be an oval.

We have a winner! :grinyes:

It is a shame such a smart guy works at Radio Shack.
A mind is a brilliant thing to waste.

Winky said:
It is a shame such a smart guy works at Radio Shack.
A mind is a brilliant thing to waste.

Hey! :grumpy: He's going to College...well...Journalism School...:blush:

:lol2:

Hey, I'm only there so I have an income until I finish my degree. It sure beats owrking in the lot at Home Depot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back