do u think war

in general or just the one that appears to be pre-booked for the very near future?

but let me ask you an intelligent question as well: do u think that total destruction of the earth by da nuclear bombs is a good way or jus a way to show ur anger?

War in itself isn't a bad thing. It is the acts committed during war that might be bad. People didn't exactly die in the Cold War, and at the end the U.S.S.R crumbled.

War IS needed because you can't solve everything diplomatically like the Europeans want to do. Diplomacy didn't win World War I and II. Diplomacy didn't get South Korea their freedom. Diplomacy didn't settle the issues in Bosnia. Diplomacy didn't settle issues in the Middle East. Sometimes, bad as it may sound, war is the only solution.

Jeslek said:
War in itself isn't a bad thing. It is the acts committed during war that might be bad. People didn't exactly die in the Cold War, and at the end the U.S.S.R crumbled.

no but there was tremendous fear as well as paranoia. that wasnt good. im not sure if the USSR falling is good or bad im just glad the iron curtain is gone.

Jeslek said:
to do. Diplomacy didn't win World War I and II. Diplomacy didn't get South Korea their freedom

is south korea free? i did not think it was isnt there still a lot of intense feelings at the 38th parallel? if someone can clear that up thanks i was thinking S Korea was still pretty fucked. as far as WWI and WWII being won by not diplomacy isnt totally right cause i had made reference to the treaty of versailles which ended the WWI but was the reason that Germany went into WWII. i dont remember the actual treaty but isnt NATO the reason the Germany lost power after WWII?

So you're saying all of the big wars in the previous century could have been solved diplomatically? :rolleyes:

the question was whether war was good or not.

any solution to solve a conflict without people dying is better.
that that's not always possible is another point, but fact remains that war isn't good.

Back