Do You Consider Yourself A Good Driver™

fury said:
So, I'd say I'm a pretty good driver for only having my permit since June 11th.:

Newbie. That's okay-DO NOT consider yourself a good driver for another 150,000 miles. Single reason for accidents-inattention ALWAYS PAY ATTENTION, that can't be stressed enough. If you're watching front, sides & back at all times, you'll have no problems.

keep it up flurffmeister, you'll do okay

PuterTutor said:
fury, how old are you?
Gonz said:
Newbie. That's okay-DO NOT consider yourself a good driver for another 150,000 miles. Single reason for accidents-inattention ALWAYS PAY ATTENTION, that can't be stressed enough. If you're watching front, sides & back at all times, you'll have no problems.
I'm sorry *hides* :eek:

I'm too nervous when driving to not pay attention. A truck driver pulling out a half a mile ahead of me on the other side of a two-way lane even scares me...

17?

I'm damn impressed you can do what you can do.

Don't worry about the driving thing. Once you do it for about 20 years, it just comes naturally.

PuterTutor said:
17?

I'm damn impressed you can do what you can do.
Me too. I've come a long way from scraping the side of my dad's T-bird on the curb (couple years ago, before I even had a learner's permit)
Don't worry about the driving thing. Once you do it for about 20 years, it just comes naturally.
I don't want it to come naturally, because then I might not pay enough attention to the road.

:D

my stats:
6 years of driving daily.
1 car hit (sober)
0 car hit (drunk)
1,000+ drunk drives (and increasing) :D

Luis G said:
1,000+ drunk drives (and increasing) :D

I sure hope you weren't serious about that one... :erm:

And what's wrong with quoting Luis G? The quote is always fubar-ed with that guy...not with others :cuss:

shouldn't the quote setup be [ quote ] blah [/ quote ] and not with =luisg and stuff?

perhaps i'm missing a phpbb thing, but i always thought it was just a like above

Yes, Luis was serious. He prides himself on being a good drunk driver.

I think I'm a very good driver (and was a good ambulance driver for about 5 years). It's one of the things that I'm fiercely adamant about-paying excruciating attention to everything I do and not being one of the bad drivers I see on the road every day.

I had to go on a road trip with a co-worker this week and she is a terrible driver. Turns her head and takes her eyes off the road constantly when she talks, for some reason she can't stay in the middle of the lane and is always on the line or just over it, doesn't anticipate slowing down to a stop but instead slams on the brakes at the last second, doesn't read road signs (I can't tell you how many times I had to tell her she was in an 'Exit Only' lane and she had to veer over a lane), and nothing is ever her fault. "She came out of nowhere! The guy in front of me slammed on his brakes! I couldn't see around the car!"...

Add that to the fact that her wheels weren't balanced correctly and the car went into seizures between 60-70mph (so of course her solution was to drive 80--even after her speeding ticket from last summer's road trip which was, of course, not her fault) and I felt like I was going to die every time we got in the car. Next week, I drive on the next road trip, thank God.

I needed to vent. You gave me the perfect opportunity. Thanks. :D

Back