do you have a tv?

Squiggy said:
Probably not that bad a deal. How is the programming on BBC?

The quality of programming has been very good in the past but just lately it's not so good in some areas e.g. sit coms, etc.

We still get some decent programming on broadcast (free) TV, but cable has sucked a lot of it away. And cable, the great commercial free media, is probably 60% advertising now. They have entire channels of nothing but infomercials...I hate it.

Mongoose said:
mmmm pretty solid looking myth to me, they cruise around Uni campus frequently. Many of their supposed abilities are indeed mythical but the vans exist. Tis not even particularly complex technology.

interesting...

i got a "you don't have a tv licence" letter when i was in halls. the warden told me not to worry about it (not that i had a tv then either) because there was no way the licencing people would be getting past her front door to come poking about in people's rooms looking for tvs...

The BBC do not IMO show nearly enough good programs to justify the £110 a year, and their news reporting is quite deffinitly government biased (its better than many I'll admit). AFAIC the best thing about the BBC is Radios 2 and 4, which you don't have to pay to recieve.

really, government biased? part of the bbc charter or consitution or whatever it's called says they *overall* can't be politically biased. every now and again someone raises a stink because of some percieved political slight, but it doesn't happen all that often...
PS I'm kinda hoping you're right about the detector vans though, if so they'll be after me before long.....gotta start thinking of ways to string them along just in case.........might be fun.
"i'm sorry, i don't have a tv. and no, you can't come in unless you have a warrant. thank you very much, goodbye."

Everything has commercials now...
Soon I will go to Barnes and Noble, buy a book, and find commercials between chapters... :(

It doesn't really matter whether it's good or not, does it? What right does the government have to force something like that on people? :rolleyes:

I have a 13" TV here at school

My computer monitor is 17"

At home there is a 30 something inch i believe

my freshman year my roommate had a 13" tv/vcr combo, it looked so funny sitting in between my vega floor speakers (~36" tall)

lol
I have some big JVC speakers that are about 2' tall. I don't know wheather they are floor or bookshelf...

Back