Do you know what is weird?

:cool:

very cool :D it's a lot better than Johannesburg, even though that's getting used to....it's not THAT bad from what my cousin told me, not worse than Rotterdam at least

Oh wait, I forgot about something. Stellenbosch is also wine country. In fact, that province is where all the wines from South Africa are produced. If you see a South African wine, it is probably from the West Cape.

http://www.places.co.za/html/stellenwr.html

The Wine Route. Been there. Done that. :D

For a wider appreciation of the area enjoy spectacular views whilst traversing the four passes which make up the fruit route. Starting with the Helshoogte Pass to the Berg River Valley, over the Franschoek Pass to the upper Riviersonderend Valley, then over the Viljoenspass to Elgin and finally back to Stellenbosch down the Sir Lowry's Pass. Stellenbosch with its beautiful art galleries and interesting shops is also part of the Western Cape Arts and Crafts Route.

Mind you, Stellenbosch and the outlying areas are all Afrikaans. You need to go closer to Cape Town before hitting English speaking people.

Mind you, Stellenbosch and the outlying areas are all Afrikaans. You need to go closer to Cape Town before hitting English speaking people.

hehe, so i've heard :D will be pretty ackward i guess! :)

Oo, en as jy beplan om na Suid Afrika toe te gaan moet jy leer hoe om regte Afrikaans te praat. Ek is befrees dat jou Nederlands sal net nie doen nie. :p :p

i have no trouble understanding that while reading...if people talk slowly i'll manage, otherwise...:D

i have no idea...most likely i'll do research, but i haven't had a reply from them yet.
i'll see what they have to offer :)

i'm off to bed now, talk to you later mate

Back