Do you like anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment I don't know... that's just a list of what's been released in the UK.

I've seen about maybe 25 of them and have a couple on DVD. I'm interested in adding a few to my collection, but it really depends on what they are about. I've already checked out the vampire ones and they will definately qualify.

True, but I just thought I'd see what was here first. I'm hoping to find a few more interesting vampire, samurai or detective ones...

I have the animatrix on order for june 2nd as well.

Aunty Em said:
interesting vampire, samurai or detective ones...

theres a few my friend(i was at his house last night) knows some good ones ill pm them to you if i see him wed

Professur said:
Anyone get their Anime off the newsgroups?
I get mine that way, but since they changed our news server, we only get a gig a month for free. I can see myself explaining why I need to spend that extra money--NOT. It doesn't take long to use up a gig in video.:mad:

i really need to get my friend shannon in here... i think she's registerted as Stealthninja... she adores anime. i'm sure she has a thing or three to say on the subject :)

My all-time fav's

Akira
Ghost in the Shell
Ninja Scroll

I'm still a fan of the Robotech stuff...1st and 3rd series only...the second one's kinda wierd.

Havn't been able to find them taped anywhere tho' They used to pass on TV, but I didn't own a VCR at the time...not I do, and can't find them anywhere. :p
BLECH!!

A few not named yet that I like pretty well...

Arcadia of my Youth
Demon City Shinjuku
Sakura Wars
Cashan

I tend to prefer the movies over the TV series. I also prefer Japanese language with subtitles over dubbing.

There are also some good movies that really are geared towards the younger audiences (read little or no blood, guts or sex):

My Neighbor Tortoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
Castle in the Sky (haven't actually seen this one yet - it's on it's way)

I used to be able to watch my OGM's in either Japanese or English with the original translated subtitles, until I formatted and installed Windblows 2gay. Now if I want to watch them with subtitles, I have to use W(i)MP(y) 9 and the only thing that works right is the subtitles. e.g. the video is not smooth at all, I can't seek, and I can't switch windows unless I want to restart the player every time I do. In every other player I have, they do everything right EXCEPT the subtitles. :mope:

flurff, do you by any chance have a software dvd decoder program? If so, some of them also have a file player which works much better for AVI and MPEGs. I use the file player from Power VCR. (same as Power DVD). :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back