Do you like spicy food?

How spicy do you like your food?

• 300,000 Scoville heat units or more (INSANE, habanero stuff)

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • 100K to 300K Scoville heat units

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50K to 100K Scoville heat units (slightly above tabasco)

• 30K to 50K (tabasco)

• under 30K (wussy)

• Total voters

Jeslek

Banned
At LEAST 50,000 Scoville heat units. Tabasco is around 30,000 to 50,000 Scoville heat units. Jalapenos are about 5,000 Scoville heat units. Here is a chart. http://wiw.org/~corey/chile/scoville.html

my missus loads up her curry's and chili's with plenty of spice to make up for the bland veggieness. murder on my tastebuds :D

ris said:
my missus loads up her curry's and chili's with plenty of spice to make up for the bland veggieness. murder on my tastebuds :D
You know that chilis as in jalapenos are only 4,500 Scoville heat units...

its the cayenne, tabasco, paprika and garam massala laid on with desserrt spoons that does me in

I like it hot, to a point. Habaneros are too much, same with Thai Dragon. They are great for the first bite or two, then it becomes overbearing.

If it doesn't make your eyes water and your nose run, it's not a real curry.

Is my philosophy.

(I love Ris's wife's cooking) :p

I love curry. Its just hard to find any restaurants that use it here, tucked off in the south states. Its all Mexican, Italian, fast food here. I don't think there are more than 3 Indian restaurants in the entire metro area.

Love hot sauces in the cayenne to just shy of scotch bonnet area. Anyhing above that simply lacks any savoury qualities. Its just like a branding iron on the tongue with an acidy taste. I don't mind extreme heat in my sauces... they just better taste good. I can't abide b heat for the sake of heat.

fi said:
(I love Ris's wife's cooking) :p

ris! tell me! :eek:

You've got a wife that can cook? All english people I know throw everything in the oven with cheese and ketchup :sick:

British have a strange taste for food :(

yeah, she can cook properly. she doesn't even boil everything within an inch of its life like a proper british cook :D

i can cook a bit but am too lazy.

I love cooking :D Anything with tabasco, chilis, jalapenos, green pepper, onions, and garlic has to be good.

Back